V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #10,741 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys, I have a (possible) problem with my V-Moda M-100's.

I just received my set of M-100's today and I have to say; there sounds like there's little to no bass. It really freaked me out when i first plugged them in and put on a song. I thought it may have just been a low quality song, so i chucked on a Bassnectar song (off the Wildstyle EP) @ 320kbps, and same thing. I'm seriously likening the bass to a $20 cheapo pair at the moment.

Im running them straight of my iPhone 5. Most of my songs are high quality VRB MP3's. Im going to keep trying them out, but i need to ask:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does this mean I need an amp?

What the hell is going on?

Mine had solid bass out of the box.  Have you tested with any other headphones to be certain it is not your source or EQ setting?

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #10,742 of 23,366
Quote:

I just received my set of M-100's today and I have to say; there sounds like there's little to no bass. It really freaked me out when i first plugged them in and put on a song. I thought it may have just been a low quality song, so i chucked on a Bassnectar song (off the Wildstyle EP) @ 320kbps, and same thing. I'm seriously likening the bass to a $20 cheapo pair at the moment.

Im running them straight of my iPhone 5. Most of my songs are high quality VRB MP3's. Im going to keep trying them out, but i need to ask:

If you read literally on the last page someone else said that they had this issue...all that was said was to check you have a good seal, try pushing on the ear cups to see if the bass is revealed and then you know its a seal problem, are your ears fully surrounded by the pad or is there a gap?

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #10,743 of 23,366
Quote:

That's weird, you're the second person to mention this. Are you sure the cable is fully plugged-in all the way at both ends? Also, don't forget to set your EQ to flat if it's on (I recall someone forgetting to reset the EQ on their source).

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #10,744 of 23,366
I feel like everybody who's getting their pairs now are getting a little bit of a bad batch, since the Christmas rush is Going on it seems like V-Moda it's trying to speed up everything but it doesn't seem to be going well..

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #10,746 of 23,366
Quote:
I feel like everybody who's getting their pairs now are getting a little bit of a bad batch, since the Christmas rush is Going on it seems like V-Moda it's trying to speed up everything but it doesn't seem to be going well..

I would be very surprised if the sound quality was suffering due to the Christmas rush and Val saying that everything was going on time. Possible, but not probable given Val's sticklerness to unit to unit deviation being kept to a minimum. Maybe some build issues, but I can't really imagine the sound deviating too much. Especially seeing as the first production was more of a rush job to get it out to us, that would be something strange.

Does anyone know how long the audio-only cable is? I'm thinking of purchasing it since the SharePlay cable is a bit too long (~6 ft) for carrying around at school and I don't use the SharePlay connection too often.

Same length, if you're looking for something that's shorter your only option are the button cables.

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #10,747 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone know how long the audio-only cable is? I'm thinking of purchasing it since the SharePlay cable is a bit too long (~6 ft) for carrying around at school and I don't use the SharePlay connection too often.

Same length, if you're looking for something that's shorter your only option are the button cables.

Ah OK, I guess I'll stick to the SharePlay cable then. I don't really like the rigidity of the SpeakEasy cable, and how much it's fraying at the microphone section.

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #10,748 of 23,366
Quote:
Ah OK, I guess I'll stick to the SharePlay cable then. I don't really like the rigidity of the SpeakEasy cable, and how much it's fraying at the microphone section.

I feel like V-Moda should have a few options in cable lengths. That or reverse the lengths. The audio only cable is the right length for wearing my peacoat that goes down to my knees, but of course I don't need to keep the cable on the outside of my jacket compared to the speakeasy cable.

On the other hand I don't have a device compatible with the speakeasy cable so I guess it really doesn't matter to me.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #10,750 of 23,366
Quote:

I just measured mine and the SharePlay is about 6 inches longer.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #10,752 of 23,366
Ah, I went to ParcelForce, and put in the tracking number. I've been using one from Stamps.com I got given, and it automatically calibrated to the GB tracking number

18-12-2012 08:47 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Awaiting payment of charges
18-12-2012 05:33 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Received at delivery depot
17-12-2012 09:46 National Hub Received and processed
17-12-2012 05:54 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
17-12-2012 05:53 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
15-12-2012 10:34 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging
11-12-2012 23:11 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
11-12-2012 23:10 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
11-12-2012 22:19 International Hub Received in destination country
09-12-2012 09:36 Delivery Agent - LOS ANGELES AMU Forwarded for export
09-12-2012 09:36 Delivery Agent - LOS ANGELES AMU Forwarded for export
07-12-2012 23:45 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

Looks like I'm going to have to cough up some funds before they give them me, but I'm surprised I can't do that now, online, without a letter.
Hopefully I'll be able to get the reference number tomorrow if I ring them up, pay, and then hopefully have it sent out next day or on that day.

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #10,753 of 23,366
Hey guys,

long time lurker, first time poster here. Have to say...LOVE the headphones. I got silver/white and I'm loving the sound, look, and overall feel of the headphones.

I've decided to get a portable amp that I'd like to pair with my iPhone 4s but have a question. I'm looking to order the fiio e11 but I'm a bit confused on the dock adapters. Something like the L3 or L9 enhances the sound more? Is there a difference to them? Also, is the e11 a good option to pair for my 4s or are there better options? (Below $100)

Thanks for the help!!

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #10,755 of 23,366
Quote:

Okay, I'm putting my money on a mixup with LP pads at the factory.. Seriously, those pads on the M-100 is all it takes for the bass to go south; even lighter sounding than the M-80's, or M-100 pads with towlie mod.

Quote:
How does the M100 fare against M50 ?

They're roughly on pitch for me.. SQ is quite comparable to one another, although I've got to hand it to the M-100's for the superior sound stage and smooth treble(keep in mind that the M-50 isnt exactly a poster-child for imaging). If the mids were a bit more outspoken, and cost wasnt accounted for, I would have voted M-100; but as it currently stands between the two, I'll tip my hat to the M-50's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back