V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #3,706 of 23,366
Val - so the white comes with brushed silver shields? Or will they be glossy? Also - will the Matte Black color scheme be available for the PPU's? I rather get Matte Black, but if it's not available, and the silver is brushed on the white's - I'll jump on that.

Also - I think the SS name has been semi-shot down, too much similarity to the WW2 term. People seem to like Valkyrie and Valkryria though - so I think it'd be awesome if that was the name given to these limited editions.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #3,707 of 23,366
@RPGWizard I agree with your darker versions looking more professional. The red band around the earcup would not be hard to sharpie over, however
wink.gif
 That is just my opinion. Overall the design/profile of the m100s has me really excited. 
L3000.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3,709 of 23,366
I'm also from Canada and support Elnero suggestion 100%. That would be a good way to try these.

L3000.gif

But I'm assuming for the one that want to buy their own set of M-100 we would be able to buy them online from v-moda.com ???

Quote:

After 10 years on Head-Fi I'd have to say that group meets and loaners are a great way for users to hear products. I live on a fairly small island but we have an inordinate amount of Head-Fier's, there's 3 of us here that have been members for 10 years, plus a few other local enthusiasts who aren't regular members. We typically trade gear around so that everyone gets a listen.

In the case of Canada, maybe setting up a loaner program with a pair or two traveling around the country? That way we wouldn't have to deal with paying fees and taxes to get them across the border to try. I'd be willing to help out in the organization of something like that if you wanted to go that route.

I just got an M-80 last week and I've been raving to friends about how good they are. For their price I have a hard time reconciling the quality of sound and build, it's definitely one of the best deals in headphones I've come across in my time here. While the M-80 admirably serves the purpose I bought it for (and more for that matter) I'm so impressed with it that I'm quite sure a pair of PPU M-100's are in my future.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3,710 of 23,366
Quote:
Val - so the white comes with brushed silver shields? Or will they be glossy? Also - will the Matte Black color scheme be available for the PPU's? I rather get Matte Black, but if it's not available, and the silver is brushed on the white's - I'll jump on that.

Also - I think the SS name has been semi-shot down, too much similarity to the WW2 term. People seem to like Valkyrie and Valkryria though - so I think it'd be awesome if that was the name given to these limited editions.

I also like the Valkyrie/Valkyria name. The Signature Series has already been used by Ultrasone so I think V-MODA can use a more creative name.

Ultrasone Signature Series:
Credit goes to Gwarmi for the photo

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #3,711 of 23,366
Quote:
I also like the Valkyrie/Valkyria name. The Signature Series has already been used by Ultrasone so I think V-MODA can use a more creative name.

Ultrasone Signature Series:
Credit goes to Gwarmi for the photo

I think val might get away with it though because they are called signature pro not series..if not what about i "vals"..only joking

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #3,713 of 23,366
Quote:
M-100 RETAIL QUAGMIRE
Since we'll be launching in USA on V-MODA.com and Amazon, we are going to offer the following:

1) 60-day guarantee + ULTRA easy return if not satisfied
2) extras on V-MODA.com (customs)
3) Prime Shipping options on Amazon.com

Since we'll have no retail stores at the moment in USA selling M-100, can you think of a way for users to allow users to try them out locally?  This may be our best "local user experience"

Any other ideas welcome.  Obviously, V-MODA is working on our OWN stores now in LA, NYC, LV and in China/HK.  But, until they are completed I want the best of both worlds.

I may announce a few retailers in the future, but as you can see we are focused on agility of 1-day customization and 100% satisfaction.

Maybe group meets, loaners, etc...

EDIT:
I actually ENCOURAGE those who are on the borderline to buy M-100 from V-MODA.com and if you don't like them, return them.  We have seen less than 5% returns so we are very confident this is a product you'll love.  And if not, we can refurbish and sell to those who couldn't afford at full price so it is a win-win!

-v

I'm a little confused. Does this mean that both amazon and V-MODA.com will have returns?
To be a little more concise, how will people in the UK utilize a return policy without paying for the international shipping? 
THANKS VAL!!

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3,714 of 23,366
Quote:
The pro is a part of the Ultrasone Signature Series - as far as I know.

Just through going on google the top answer is signature pro but who knows i could be wrong.. i think val will have to get on the magic blower that us djs use if we want to put words into a song i.e betty spaghetti no sorry, mom spaghetti yes go on then..

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #3,715 of 23,366
Name suggestions: I think the best way to go is something related to how they are "first" that fits with V-Moda's overall image.

Primus (Latin for "first")
Primus Inter Pares ("first among equals", phrase used to indicate something that is formally equal to its peers but looked upon as having special importance-obviously fitting considering the M-100 PPU are technically equal to the production models but have special importance since they are first and limited)
Janus (Roman god of beginnings)
Principium (Latin for "beginning")

I find the above fitting since part of V-Moda's motto is "Inspired in Italy", and I noticed on the FB page that a lot of pictures of V-Moda headphones are taken of them on busts (along with plenty of Italian imagery on the V-Moda website).

The other way to go would be something generic and professional (that again focuses on how they are first):

V-Moda M-100 I.R (initial release)
V-Moda M-100 R. (release spec)
V-Moda M-100 Limited Edition
V-Moda M-100 V-nitial (a play on Initial of course, while sticking with the V emphasis)

My personal choice:

V-Moda M-100 V-nitial 

The V would be a unique design: the left part of the V would be upright like an I, so that no one would miss the fact that it's a play on the word initial. Basically something like what the V looks like on the Cadillac-V logo (minus the flags to the right of the V, of course):

I like it because it's simple and creative at the same time without being childish, because all it is is indicating that they are the first versions of the headphones available. Obviously the V wouldn't completely copy the shape of the V in the Cadillac logo, but it would be something to that effect. Finally, I think the phrase "Primus inter pares" should be included somewhere on or in the packaging of the PPU units since the phrase is so fitting to the PPU units and since the use of Latin is so fitting with V-Moda in general. Hell, even if Val just signs that phrase on the card that comes in the box.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3,717 of 23,366
Quote:
The pro is a part of the Ultrasone Signature Series - as far as I know.

All things considered, there's quite a few things labelled "signature series" that makes it not exclusive to Ultrasone. Headphones, perhaps Ultrasone's got it. But the signature in Ultrasone's case is of the sound, as opposed to a limited edition Preproduction unit of which only 150 exist that, have, well, a literal signature on them. I don't really think it'll be an issue if Val calls them a signature series seeing as they're just early releases of the M-100's anyway.

It's not really a big deal for me though if I get my hands on a PPU. M-100's are M-100's.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #3,718 of 23,366
Quote:
I think val might get away with it though because they are called signature pro not series..if not what about i "vals"..only joking

I think V(alkyrie)-Collection would be nice. Or V(alkyrie)-Series.

Seriously, doesn't saying "The Valkyrie Series" sounds so amazing? I think it does.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3,719 of 23,366
Quote:
Name suggestions: I think the best way to go is something related to how they are "first" that fits with V-Moda's overall image.

Primus (Latin for "first")
Primus Inter Pares ("first among equals", phrase used to indicate something that is formally equal to its peers but looked upon as having special importance-obviously fitting considering the M-100 PPU are technically equal to the production models but have special importance since they are first and limited)
Janus (Roman god of beginnings)
Principium (Latin for "beginning")

I find the above fitting since part of V-Moda's motto is "Inspired in Italy", and I noticed on the FB page that a lot of pictures of V-Moda headphones are taken of them on busts (along with plenty of Italian imagery on the V-Moda website).

The other way to go would be something generic and professional (that again focuses on how they are first):

V-Moda M-100 I.R (initial release)
V-Moda M-100 R. (release spec)
V-Moda M-100 Limited Edition
V-Moda M-100 V-nitial (a play on Initial of course, while sticking with the V emphasis)

My personal choice:

V-Moda M-100 V-nitial 

The V would be a unique design: the left part of the V would be upright like an I, so that no one would miss the fact that it's a play on the word initial. Basically something like what the V looks like on the Cadillac-V logo (minus the flags to the right of the V, of course):

I like it because it's simple and creative at the same time without being childish, because all it is is indicating that they are the first versions of the headphones available. Obviously the V wouldn't completely copy the shape of the V in the Cadillac logo, but it would be something to that effect. Finally, I think the phrase "Primus inter pares" should be included somewhere on or in the packaging of the PPU units since the phrase is so fitting to the PPU units and since the use of Latin is so fitting with V-Moda in general. Hell, even if Val just signs that phrase on the card that comes in the box.

What about signed by val kolton, or is that too obvious?

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #3,720 of 23,366
Glad I discovered these headphones a couple of weeks before release. Could'nt have handled the anticipation if I knew this anytime sooner :'). So I decided to join hoping I get a chance to spend my hard earned cash on this beauty!

I also think 'limited edition' is the best name. Simple yet Explanatory.

Val, I have the same questions as brsxignition, is the metal on the white m100's reflective or brushed? Brushed would look very classy :). And if reflective, will there be brushed aluminium shields availible in the future? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back