V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #21,901 of 23,366
  So I received my M-100 yesterday after a month wait and after paying around 70 euros custom, it seems the right input socket where we plug audio cable is not working properly. When I move and push it inside, I could only listen in one section of the headphone. The left one is also not seems very well. After inserting the cable I have to move it slightly to hear on both sides. Isn't it suppose to insert easily without doing any adjustment? cause it is quite annoying, considering the price tag of the headphone. Does anyone had the same problem?   

http://s4.postimg.org/obdw2hc31/unnamed.jpg

Isn't the M100 available every where? Like most of Best buy have them in stock. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #21,902 of 23,366
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #21,904 of 23,366
They sound great as long as your phone has a decent DAC. My Galaxy Note 1st Gen. was noisy, I could hear the CPU working, whereas my Galaxy S3 sounds much cleaner. You do not need an external amp to get good sound out of your phone, but the right amp will make it sound slightly better.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #21,905 of 23,366
The DAC noise thing is an issue for all sensitive headphones.
The M100 isn't good enough to warrant a cleaner sounding amp, and if you're out and about, chances are you'll be more affected by external noise than DAC noise as the M100 doesn't isolate that much.

On a side note, I have a friend who loves the Mad Dog, so they may be a good option if you're a basshead with a little more money than the M100, though these do like an amp and they're tuned a bit differently.

The M100s are a decent option at their price for bassheads. They're not laden with second order bass distortion like the Beats Studio, actually, the bass distortion on these is really low! They do have some issues like mids and treble aren't too good and stock pads are Schiit, but otherwise, the price change makes them a fair option for bassheads.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #21,906 of 23,366
The DAC noise thing is an issue for all sensitive headphones.
The M100 isn't good enough to warrant a cleaner sounding amp, and if you're out and about, chances are you'll be more affected by external noise than DAC noise as the M100 doesn't isolate that much.

On a side note, I have a friend who loves the Mad Dog, so they may be a good option if you're a basshead with a little more money than the M100, though these do like an amp and they're EQed a bit differently.

The M100s are a decent option at their price for bassheads. They're not laden with second order bass distortion like the Beats Studio, actually, the bass distortion on these is really low! They do have some issues like mids and treble aren't too good and stock pads are Schiit, but otherwise, the price change makes them a fair option for bassheads.

although i like the mad dogs but their bass are no where close to the m-100 and they need a nice amp to drive them.

And i find myself almost going to the m100 as they are more fun headphones.

for alternative bassy headphones i would recommend you try jvc ha-sz2000 (jaw dropping bass but a bit veiled mids)

Or denon d600 (a bit sparkly treble can be sibilant but very nice bass and over all performer)

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #21,907 of 23,366
Speaking of the XS, so much for that. >.>

It was done, I'll post a link to all the photos from the forums.

And we didn't get kicked out in the XS forum photoshoot, Jude and I were booted when we tried to video there!

The XS at the forums was on the cover of the Headphone Gift Guide last summer.

-V

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #21,908 of 23,366
Ah, yes, forgot about the SZ1000 and SZ2000. Iirc, those kind of need an amp.
You could always EQ the Mad Dog. It does pretty much everything better than the M100 beside portability, and some people may prefer the M100's stock tuning.
I know someone who uses the alpha Dog as a portable XD.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #21,909 of 23,366
@valkolton , I have never dropped my M-100's nor changed my shields. Yet, I have 3 hairline cracks at 3 of the screws on my left ear cup. Is any of this covered by warranty? Any idea why this may have happened? 

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #21,910 of 23,366
@valkolton , I have never dropped my M-100's nor changed my shields. Yet, I have 3 hairline cracks at 3 of the screws on my left ear cup. Is any of this covered by warranty? Any idea why this may have happened? 

I think this happens when the screws were too tight which led to the cracking of the plastic. This is a common problem in the Vmodas as there have been several people who have claimed to have the same issue. About the warranty, i have no idea if Vmoda will replace this with a new one or rma it. The immortal life warranty should cover this though, but you have to pay half of its price.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #21,911 of 23,366
I think this happens when the screws were too tight which led to the cracking of the plastic. This is a common problem in the Vmodas as there have been several people who have claimed to have the same issue. About the warranty, i have no idea if Vmoda will replace this with a new one or rma it. The immortal life warranty should cover this though, but you have to pay half of its price.

Thanks for your response, Sound22. I could certainly understand these cracks if I had changed out my shields and perhaps overtightened the screws, but I never installed my shields. I have only taken my shields out of the plastic once when they arrived - I am truly perplexed. 
confused_face_2.gif

Considering the number of people with this complaint, and the fact the I have not touched the screws, I am led to believe that it may be a design flaw. Which is unfortunate. I *love* my V-Modas and am saddened that this is an issue.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #21,912 of 23,366
The cracks affect a very small percentage of M-100 owners although it seems like a it happens a lot when 12 people (out of the thousands upon thousands of owners out there) all post on this thread about it. V-MODA will happily fix/replace your unit. Just email them.

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #21,914 of 23,366
  The cracks affect a very small percentage of M-100 owners although it seems like a it happens a lot when 12 people (out of the thousands upon thousands of owners out there) all post on this thread about it. V-MODA will happily fix/replace your unit. Just email them.

What has to be realized is that the people who give feedback represent a larger segment of people who don't. So those seemingly insignificant "12" or however many there were who voiced the problem, indicate that this issue may affect a number of people greater than those who spoke up. Bottom line, I am an otherwise happy owner of my V-Moda M-100's. I'll look into what services they have in place. Thank you for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back