V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,771 of 23,366
Fyi, I see this misspelling all the time.  Please note low end sound is music is spelled B-A-S-S.

Maybe he wants a bigger base on which to set his headphones. I try to get my V-80s to stand up all the time, but the smaller base makes it hard. I have to use a substitute(sub) base.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,772 of 23,366
Quote:
Maybe he wants a bigger base on which to set his headphones. I try to get my V-80s to stand up all the time, but the smaller base makes it hard. I have to use a substitute(sub) base.

I suppose I could give him the benefit of the doubt :)  It just drives me crazy when I see reviews on Amazon with bass misspelled, just a pet peeve. 

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #1,773 of 23,366
Quote:
I suppose I could give him the benefit of the doubt :)  It just drives me crazy when I see reviews on Amazon with bass misspelled, just a pet peeve. 

[OT] That doesn't irritate me nearly as much as all the "Sent from my <phone> using Tapatalk" forum posts haha ^^ [/OT]

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,774 of 23,366
Is ETA still early July...no set backs have been posted have they?

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,777 of 23,366
Quote:
ETA is early july, Estimated Time of Anticipation seems like forever
wink.gif

This headphone coudlnt have come at a better time as the basshead in me seems to have mellowed out a little, but every time I get excited for something it almost always dissapoints as it just cant live up to the hype...I have a feeling this will be like it too 
redface.gif

Hopefully Im wrong though! 

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #1,778 of 23,366
Will this headphone also feature the 60-day test drive garantuee if bought from V-Moda or some of the partners? $299 starts to be quite expensive so my SQ demands also start raising quite a bit, for example resonances in upper-mid range which the average customer may not care much about is one thing that may result in headphone going back if it's too severe as an example.

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #1,779 of 23,366
EUREKA!!!  I got the latest version today, I am in LOVE!!!  

I'll see if I can share more, I am flying out Saturday to finalize an early pre-production run, in the meantime the M-100 White is permanently attached to my head and I am in love. Although I think I may cheat with the M-80 White hear and there, esp for conference calls.

RE 60-DAY TEST DRIVE:
Yes, all V-MODA products feature this.  We put our $ where our MATERIALS is.

-v

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #1,780 of 23,366
Quote:

I'll see if I can share more, I am flying out Saturday to finalize an early pre-production run, in the meantime the M-100 White is permanently attached to my head and I am in love. Although I think I may cheat with the M-80 White hear and there, esp for conference calls.

RE 60-DAY TEST DRIVE:

-v

Wait... Will M-100 White be available on release day? Please say, yes. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #1,781 of 23,366
Quote:

RE 60-DAY TEST DRIVE:

-v

Hows the availability in the UK looking?
And if I choose to buy from the US, will I be able to use warranty etc. from over here in the UK?

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #1,783 of 23,366
Quote:

RE 60-DAY TEST DRIVE:

-v

Great to hear Val!! Thanks for the update! Can't wait to finally have some M-100s on my head already haha. Have a nice trip!

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #1,784 of 23,366
So - if someone could answer this, it'd be great.

I have little experience with v-moda headphones, but I need something that is full size, but still portable, comfortable, and isolating. Here are my MAIN questions:

1. So what kind of sound signature is v-moda known for? Audio Technica is known for Bass/balanced style; AKG is known for balance and treble; what is v-moda "about"?
  2. The M100's will be full size and closed, correct? What will the materials be? Metal? Plastic? Leather? 
  3. Will the M100's be the new V-Moda flagship?

I have to say, you have me interested in the 60-day guarantee! Now to just see if the headphones themselves look good and match my needs.

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #1,785 of 23,366
Quote:
So - if someone could answer this, it'd be great.

I have little experience with v-moda headphones, but I need something that is full size, but still portable, comfortable, and isolating. Here are my MAIN questions:

1. So what kind of sound signature is v-moda known for? Audio Technica is known for Bass/balanced style; AKG is known for balance and treble; what is v-moda "about"?
  2. The M100's will be full size and closed, correct? What will the materials be? Metal? Plastic? Leather? 
  3. Will the M100's be the new V-Moda flagship?

I have to say, you have me interested in the 60-day guarantee! Now to just see if the headphones themselves look good and match my needs.

You can start by looking here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back