V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #17,596 of 23,366

mmm... the product isn't fake, they get the items from v-moda in bulk so it's different packaging. I've purchased the m100 a few times before, once from v-moda direct when they first came out, and once from another seller on amazon & they never came w/ a product registration card/SN sticker. dunno what's up w/ that. I'm actually kinda curious about the product registration card & SN sticker b/c I've never seen em on any of the V-Moda's I had.

sry if massdrop is an inappropriate topic to bring up. I know it's not allowed on the Deals threads but I rmb discovering the website from head-fi discussion, so I figured it'll be alright. cheers.

I can guarantee V-MODA is not selling bulk headphones to Massdrop for the purposes of reselling at a discount.  Maybe they told you that, but that is not what's happening.  They are almost certainly coming from a distributor who is removing any items that contain the serial number in order to not have the inventory tracked back to them.  There is simply no incentive for V-MODA to remove the serial numbers themselves to sell to MD.  

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #17,598 of 23,366
I have just bought my m100 Headphones today
I dont know why but sometimes when listening to it on my samsung note 3 the music may mute for 1 second or so. Pls help tks

Tried any other phones or DAPs?

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #17,601 of 23,366
  Thanks, Craigster. I must agree.. my set broke even though they've been meticulously cared for. Pretty disappointing.

Last I contacted V-moda via email, they wanted me to ship the headphones in so they could determine if it's covered by warranty. Sounded like ******** so I didn't do it. Will call them today.

Anyone successfully received a new pair? Or at least replacement wingplates?

Bumping this topic. Just wondering if I'll get this fixed if I send my headphones to V-Moda for warranty 'evaluation'.. 

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #17,602 of 23,366

Bumping this topic. Just wondering if I'll get this fixed if I send my headphones to V-Moda for warranty 'evaluation'..

Just do it, and it's not like they are being unreasonable either.  More than likely they will repair if not replace yours.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #17,606 of 23,366

I agree with davebarlow82.  This happens with my HTC One X and iPad Mini.

I also experience a volume dropout when receiving emails, iPhone 4 here.  This is only when using the headphone jack, FWIW.

That's because you have the phone on silent and its default programming is to tell you that you have a message, and how can it do it if it's on silent?
It drops the volume as a silent notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back