V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #15,992 of 23,366
Can't believe I missed the XL pads debut.  Boy, those definitely remind me of the Mad/Alpha Dogs.  Just curious, though, if they're gonna be compatible with the LP.

And on a separate note, it seems my Apple remote cable is close to giving the ghost, as jiggling is starting to create interference.  Now, audio-only cable that came with the LP is too long for me to use outside, and I don't need the remote, as my iPod is now Rockboxed, so if anyone could recommend audio-only cables with better microphonics and/or are relatively cheap (~$30 max), I would greatly appreciate it.

Per Laborem ad Astra,
JbstormburstADV

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #15,994 of 23,366
Quote:
Can't believe I missed the XL pads debut.  Boy, those definitely remind me of the Mad/Alpha Dogs.  Just curious, though, if they're gonna be compatible with the LP.

And on a separate note, it seems my Apple remote cable is close to giving the ghost, as jiggling is starting to create interference.  Now, audio-only cable that came with the LP is too long for me to use outside, and I don't need the remote, as my iPod is now Rockboxed, so if anyone could recommend audio-only cables with better microphonics and/or are relatively cheap (~$30 max), I would greatly appreciate it.

Per Laborem ad Astra,
JbstormburstADV

Why not just get the new CoilPro cable for that price?

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #15,995 of 23,366
Quote:

Per Laborem ad Astra,
JbstormburstADV

Quote:
Why not just get the new CoilPro cable for that price?

Too long.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #15,996 of 23,366
There were some eBay brand mentioned before with good results, but I am too lazy to look them up now.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #15,997 of 23,366
Quote:
Ooh, fancy that. Inexpensive 3.5 mm cables that are flat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Male-M-M-Stereo-Audio-Auxiliary-AUX-Cable-for-PC-iPod-MP3-CAR-Flat-Noodle/370828388956?_trksid=p1.m2292&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D161%26meid%3D228634810483056151%26pid%3D100075%26prg%3D1087%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151075503635%26%26clkid%3D228658764190172193&_qi=RTM1327406

The purple one looks mighty attractive to me.

I believe this is the post you are referencing to, but there is no mention of anything related to microphonics, which is a valid concern since we are in this price range.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #15,998 of 23,366
Quote:

I believe this is the post you are referencing to, but there is no mention of anything related to microphonics, which is a valid concern since we are in this price range.

Yes, this is the one I was referring, but since it is only $3.6, I wouldn't be too upset about it's microphonics.

I think the NuForce cable might work too:
http://estore.nuforce.com/transient-cable-high-performance-3-5mm-stereo-cable/

p.s. just ordered it to test it out.

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #16,002 of 23,366
UPDATE FOR A NEW "LIL PRODUCT" IN ONE WORD...

"TUONO"
http://v-moda.com/tuono-lightning-cable/

Tuono translates to "Thunder"

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #16,003 of 23,366
Quote:
UPDATE FOR A NEW "LIL PRODUCT" IN ONE WORD...

"TUONO"
http://v-moda.com/tuono-lightning-cable/

Tuono translates to "Thunder"

If the next Iphone has enough new features that make it worthwhile to upgrade (thinking 128 GB) and assuming the size hasn't changed, count me in for a Tuono and Metallo case.  I will donate my Vamp to the Smithsonian.

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #16,005 of 23,366
Hi guys,

First of all, I am terribly sorry if this is in the wrong topic but I am having a current dilemma in choosing my best portable headphone. I am left with the V-Moda M-100 and the Logitech UE 6000, but both have downfalls for me so I am not sure what to choose. I don't use an amp but this headphone is mainly for portable use and walking around with my iPhone. I have a normal standard ear compare to others and my ears are not VERY BIG. Almost like this sweet pretty gurl does :) http://www.davidsayah.com/asset/images/david-sayah-ear-surgery.jpg

V-Moda
- Better sound that UE6000 - Tried them both
- Never notice any discomfort, only able to use it for about 10 minutes because the employee keep looking at me :frowning2: It's a retail outlet, I am not from US though so it's just a normal retail shop :) I might visit them again though
- Stays and clamps on my head very well, didn't fall when I moved around! 
- 45" angle jack which is very strong and durable!
- Doesn't have a volume control capability for my iPhone
- $100 more
- Don't really care about noise cancellation, either way works fine for me, not too worried about them

UE 6000
- Super Duper Comfortable (Straight out putting on my head, I know I can use it for hours without discomfort, very soft)
- Volume Control Capability
- $100 cheaper
- 90" angle, standard headphones but not as good as 45"
- The sound on passive mode sounds much more better, active mode wasn't as good (have plenty of rechargeable batteries so not to worry)
- DOESN'T stay on my head much, whenever I move around, I would always have the feeling that it might drop

I mainly listen to musics such as Pop / Rock / Alternative / Dance / Hip-Hop / Dubstep / Trance
- spending $100 extra for the v-moda is not a problem for me

So in terms of comfort, I have an average size ear, but I have heard many people over here saying its uncomfortable :frowning2: 
So this is my dilemma, I am not sure which to pick. I only want this 2 as it is portable and great looking :)

So which to I pick?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back