V-Moda Bass Freq Metal - Not Bad!!!
Mar 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
On a whim, I decided to pull these out of a drawer where they had been tucked away for a couple of years.  I had forgotten just how good these sound!  Been listening to them the past few days.  The bass is strong but it doesn't infringe on the mids.  To my ear, they have a nice dynamic sound.  They also seem to be very well built and have an inline mic.  Right now, the only IEMs I've ever had that I would consider to be better sound wise are the Kef M200, TF10 and the Ostry KC06A.  The isolation and fit of the Bass Freq Metals is better than all of those though.

I highly recommend these.  IIRC, I got these on special for under $10.  IMHO, they are worth much more though.  

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
they messed up on the metals too weak of bass compared to their old bass freqs.but i prefer my urbeats

Wow, you must be a basshead.  To my ears, the metals have as much (or more) quantity and extension as any IEMs I have or have ever had (some of which are considered bassy by the community).

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I do enjoy heavy bass as a Metallica fan but I would not consider myself a basshead. I have had bring tears to your eye's, brain rattling bass called headbanger earsubs but prefer my beats or the old v-moda bass freqs or sony's extra bass line that has better detail and clarity while still maintaining a rich bass that makes me feel like I am at home or at the club as v-moda described even when I am not.

I would think most bassheads use over the heads that have bigger drivers, use amps and set their EQ's accordingly...I use a ps vita which only has EQ presets though sony did a good job on the unique setting as they call it which reaches into the lows great while not overpowering them. Better than the rock setting most devices have though on vita they call that heavy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back