USPS why do you hate me so?
Jan 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

ljokerl

Portables Reviewerus Prolificus
Am I the only one for whom USPS routing methods reach levels of absolute retardation? I had a package mailed to me on Tuesday (10/5) from City of Industry, CA, about 33 miles away from my location. Figured I'd get it today at the very latest. Imagine my surprise when, upon receiving no package today, I checked USPS tracking for it only to find my package at a Sacramento routing facility nearly 400 miles to the North.

Why, USPS, Why?

To illustrate the severity of the problem: A and C are the locations of the sender and myself, respectively. B is where the package is currently located, according to tracking.

mappackage.jpg

/rant

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 27
Sounds like this happens to you often?

I recall one time a package of mine went off what I would have thought was the right direction, but it still got to me when I had expected.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone screwed up at the sorting facility.
frown.gif

Well, in that case I'm lucky they're at the Sacramento facility and not the Papua New Guinea shipping & receiving center. This has happened to me a couple of times, but usually it happens with cross-country shipments where something shipped from Arizona or Utah ends up taking a detour through NYC or Memphis.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #9 of 27
LOL! sorry, but that's friggin hilarious.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might I suggest FedEx, UPS or DHL next time. Shipping would be a bit more, but (I believe) they don't make shipping routes as FUBAR as that one.

Er, FedEx handles a bit of mail under contract for the USPS.

For what it's worth, I usually have good luck with the USPS. It might not be the fastest, but I haven't had anything lost or destroyed.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope not just you, someone is ranting about USPS on another board I'm on too

Never trust USPS! - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Ah yes, that's good
tongue.gif
. Customs are a bit different, though. This is domestic 1st class mail. I wasn't given a shipping option and even if I were I wouldn't request that the sender send a package to a destination 30mi away via UPS. I've had some poor experiences with FedEx express and DHL.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #12 of 27
Just insane!
That can hardly be economical or environmental friendly...

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 27
Perhaps your package wanted to take a leisurely cruise thru the valley. I'm predicting it will return to point of origin, but this time via the PCH (aka the scenic route). It's not USPS fault, it's your package's.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back