USPS Priority
Jun 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

devgru

100+ Head-Fier
Bought a new TF10 off of *bay last week and it was to be shipped "free expedited" which turned out to be 1st class with delivery confirmation. Shows on tracking as "delivered" yet I've received no package. I assume the seller is 100% legit as the package scans through the system... he sent something. 

I like in the Tahoe area and have had the same mail carrier for years. She's not seen it. Dispute resolution through PP is pointless as it shows as delivered. I wouldn't feel right disputing it although I was told it would be "expedited" and obviously "1st class" isn't expedited in my book.

Seller told me it was not insured, shows as delivered and that I should file a police report. Right.

Moral of the story is to pay the additional $2-$3 for domestic US signature service on all parcels, 1st class through Priority, and require it of any seller. Express includes signature tracking.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 8
You can file a lost package claim through USPS - oh wait, just caught the bit about uninsured. :xf_eek: Yeah, I'd at least open a PayPal dispute - they'll auto-resolve in the seller's favor within 10 minutes (because PayPal doesn't care about you, they care about the resolution that doesn't cost them their fee), but it's about all you can do. Oh, and negative feedback. And don't remove it when PayPal/eBay asks you to; again, they'll probably just auto-remove it as nuissance feedback, but it's basically what you can do at this point. Hypothetically you could file an IC3 complaint as well, but again, this probably won't go anywhere. :xf_eek:

It's not unlikely that someone either swiped it, or there was no package sent to you, and they just gave you a tracking # for something else that was valid. Sorry to hear about this kind of thing. :frown:

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
You can file a lost package claim through USPS - oh wait, just caught the bit about uninsured.
redface.gif
Yeah, I'd at least open a PayPal dispute - they'll auto-resolve in the seller's favor within 10 minutes (because PayPal doesn't care about you, they care about the resolution that doesn't cost them their fee), but it's about all you can do. Oh, and negative feedback. And don't remove it when PayPal/eBay asks you to; again, they'll probably just auto-remove it as nuissance feedback, but it's basically what you can do at this point. Hypothetically you could file an IC3 complaint as well, but again, this probably won't go anywhere.
redface.gif

It's not unlikely that someone either swiped it, or there was no package sent to you, and they just gave you a tracking # for something else that was valid. Sorry to hear about this kind of thing.
frown.gif

I requested signature delivery, as I do on everything I buy online. I assume it sat in the wrong box and someone figured it's an early XMAS for them. The lack of requested signature and "expedited shipping" will result in -feedback. I did what I could but you can't force people to act responsibly.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Have you contacted your local post office? what about the neighbor honesty? sometimes items get delivered to the wrong house. 

I hope you can find a solution to this, next time be more careful. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

I requested signature delivery, as I do on everything I buy online. I assume it sat in the wrong box and someone figured it's an early XMAS for them. The lack of requested signature and "expedited shipping" will result in -feedback. I did what I could but you can't force people to act responsibly.

I would still start a dispute with Paypal, might modivate the seller to file a dispute with the USPS.
USPS might talk to their delivery worker, delivey to the wrong address happens sometimes (did to me).
Talk to your neighbors, might have been delivered to them and they might not know it's not their package,
Or they might have it and not gotten around to bring it to you.

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Have you contacted your local post office? what about the neighbor honesty? sometimes items get delivered to the wrong house. 

I hope you can find a solution to this, next time be more careful. 

What should I have done? I requested (repeatedly) to send with "signature service".

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I would still start a dispute with Paypal, might modivate the seller to file a dispute with the USPS.
USPS might talk to their delivery worker, delivey to the wrong address happens sometimes (did to me).
Talk to your neighbors, might have been delivered to them and they might not know it's not their package,
Or they might have it and not gotten around to bring it to you.

I've talked to the depot, all neighbors within 6 houses, carrier, etc. It may show up, who knows. My point was not to whine but to remind HFers to require a signature when sending. USPS delivery confirmation is nothing of the sort.

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 8
A paypal dispute should actually end in your favor, since there is no actual proof of delivery.  Paypal makes it very clear that USPS "Delivery Confirmation" doesn't actually prove delivery (something I learned the hard way as a seller).  Only "Signature Confirmation" counts as proof, and they don't have that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back