Using the FiiO E07k with the AKG k240Mk.ii?
Jun 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Derangedcorgi

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, just as the title asks is the E07k a good compliment with the k240mk.ii? I'm looking into getting a dac/amp because my onboard sound card for my mobo is starting to go out on the lower end of the spectrum for some reason and I don't think I need a dedicated sound card + dac/amp (or do I?).

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 5
If you don't have extraordinary good components in your mobo, then it makes sense to use a DAC/Amp.

The E07K is a great entry level device that punches above its price. Much improved over the E7.

As the E07K has a very clean built in equalizer you can slightly raise the lower frequencies in a very gently way, if they are still too low after connecting the Fiio.

In general the Fiio has plenty of power to drive your AKGs.

If you are using it only on your PC then you can also check if the E10 is enough, it's basically a E07K without the battery and display and hence a bit cheaper.

Cheers,
K

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply. Yeah the onboard sound card is causing some weird distortion on the low and high ends now. It causes crackling in my speakers (my speakers don't do this on another computer) when I listen to slightly low/mid-bass+high trebles :\ 

I actually just bought the E07k a few minutes ago from amazon :)

Another quick question, can I use my desktop speakers with the E07k?

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah the onboard sound card is causing some weird distortion on the low and high ends now. It causes crackling in my speakers (my speakers don't do this on another computer) when I listen to slightly low/mid-bass+high trebles :\ 

I actually just bought the E07k a few minutes ago from amazon :)

Another quick question, can I use my desktop speakers with the E07k?

If they are powered (with their own power cord) speakers then yes. you then just need a 3.5mm to RCA cable (very common) and that's all.

You could also use the unamped output of the Fiio E07K, the LINE OUT. But for that you need a small dongle that yo uconnect to the bottom of the Fiio, the L7 (http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L7-Line-Dock-Cable/dp/B004QVNS0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370342882&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+l7) which gives you a line out which you can connect to your (powered) speakers via 3.5mm -> RCA cable.

Hope that helps,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back