Using Sansa Clip+(Rockboxed) w/ amp: Volume
Apr 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chrislangley4253

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I keep reading that when using an ipod with an amp (specifically the pa2v2) that it should be turned up to only 65%-70%. How high should my sansa+ be turned up? I'm using rockbox so it measures in +- dB's. I would assume that 0 would be fine (that is where I usually put it when I use it in my car), but i'm not so sure after seeing people saying that you should only use an ipod at 65%-70%

Thanks for any answers

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 4
That's because iPod tends to distort on loud volume. Ideally you should go as loud as you can. In the case of Clip+, you can put it at 0dB

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Hey guys,

I keep reading that when using an ipod with an amp (specifically the pa2v2) that it should be turned up to only 65%-70%. How high should my sansa+ be turned up? I'm using rockbox so it measures in +- dB's. I would assume that 0 would be fine (that is where I usually put it when I use it in my car), but i'm not so sure after seeing people saying that you should only use an ipod at 65%-70%

Thanks for any answers

0db is just fine. The Clip+ doesn't distort at high volume like some other players do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back