Using headphones with a mic as an xbox headset?
Dec 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheBaconMan

New Head-Fier
I am getting V-Moda Crossfade LP2's soon.  

http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354671518&sr=8-1&keywords=V-Moda+Crossfade+LP2

They come with a cable that includes a microphone.  Would it be possible to rig this to serve as an Xbox mic at the same time as listening to the game audio?  

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 6
As far as I know, nope. For a mic to work with an Xbox you have to plug it into the bottom of the controller. Since the LP2s are terminated as 3.5mm, they won't fit into the bottom of the controller. You might be able to find a mixamp that could take in the headphone mic and output it into the controller, but the mixamps input would have to accept the 3-ring 3.5mm plug. Cheers.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 6
There's a puc you can buy that plugs into the xbox controller and will accept that termination and convert it but it sucks. I've been through every possible mod, mixamp, double amping. etc. and after lots of $$ and poor and/or inconvenient results I ended up with full wireless TB's (XP500). The SQ is not nearly as good as say a mixamp with the Senn PC360 or K702 but the convenience of not even having my headset tethered to my controller is worth more than all that and I still get proper directional queues and decent SQ for multiplayer. If I play solo campaigns I can just plug my LCD-3 or whatever into the 1/4" input on the TB base unit and still enjoy a 5/1 mix, albeit via insufficient power but there you have it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
There's a puc you can buy that plugs into the xbox controller and will accept that termination and convert it but it sucks. I've been through every possible mod, mixamp, double amping. etc. and after lots of $$ and poor and/or inconvenient results I ended up with full wireless TB's (XP500). The SQ is not nearly as good as say a mixamp with the Senn PC360 or K702 but the convenience of not even having my headset tethered to my controller is worth more than all that and I still get proper directional queues and decent SQ for multiplayer. If I play solo campaigns I can just plug my LCD-3 or whatever into the 1/4" input on the TB base unit and still enjoy a 5/1 mix, albeit via insufficient power but there you have it.

Thanks, I'll just use my current mic for online and use headphones for SP.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back