USB to S/PDIF and PC gaming = Popping and Clicking Sounds???
Oct 1, 2010 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zorlac

500+ Head-Fier
I need help...

I love my Jkeny modded M2Tech hiFace USB to S/PDIF BNC transport for audio (Win7 x64/Foobar2000 w/WASAPI plugin). It is absolute perfection!

...BUT, when I play PC games, I constantly hear pops and clicks in the audio. I emailed Marco with M2Tech and this was his response:

"we came at the conclusion that the popping with games is due to the CPU usage when playing games. On the other hand, hiFace was mainly conceived for hi-fi listening, so we didn't expect it would work flawlessly in all situatons... No new drivers so far, sorry."

Does anyone know how to eliminate this issue???

Does anyone have this problem with other USB to S/PDIF products?

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 4
oh, that sucks...I know I couldn't use Chrome on XPSP3 w/ the Asus STX because C-Media most likely didn't set the drivers system priority high enough...it would glitch up when Chrome closes.

A proper audio driver must run in high/realtime priority, I guess m2tech didn't see it fit?

Q3 works like a charm on my Tenor Firestone Bravo transport.

You could also try this fix, recommended by Musiland(I've applied it): http://www.google.com/search?q=%22CStateFlags%22%3Ddword%3A00000008

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 4
I think I fixed it!

I disabled all power management settings in the BIOS (UEFI) including SpeedStep. I then changed my Windows 7 power management settings to performance and there is even a USB related setting in there if you go to advanced settings. Finally, I turned power management off for my GTX 480 graphics card (just in case). After rebooting, no more pops and clicks in game so far (FFXIV).

Crossing my fingers that this did it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back