USB to MicroUSB adapter for my dac
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nhftk4320

New Head-Fier
I recently bought the audioquest dragonfly black DAC which connects via USB 2.
The product is compatible with android with a proper adapter and my connection is MicroUSB B.
Since I bought this fairly expensive DAC, connected to my fairly expensive Shure SE425 earphones, i don't want a 0.2$ adapter to ruin the quality of the set up. So my question is where can I buy a pretty good 10-15$ low-end audiophile adapter to complete my set?

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 7
What you need is an OTG adapter - it's male micro USB to female USB-A. If those selling for $5 are too cheap for you to trust in their quality, you're out of luck - the more expensive adapters go directly from male microUSB to male USB-B or male mini USB-B.

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 7
I recently bought the audioquest dragonfly black DAC which connects via USB 2.
The product is compatible with android with a proper adapter and my connection is MicroUSB B.
Since I bought this fairly expensive DAC, connected to my fairly expensive Shure SE425 earphones, i don't want a 0.2$ adapter to ruin the quality of the set up. So my question is where can I buy a pretty good 10-15$ low-end audiophile adapter to complete my set?

Same here just showed up last.week.
Pic any adapter and you will be fine. I think you should get that .2$ adapter and see if you can tell the difference between those costing more. I doubt seriously if you can. Not trying to kick you in the balls just saying don't waste your money. Some wires can make a difference but no adapter that I've heard has. Totally disregard everything I have said and spend your money as I don't care it's not my money.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 7
Pic any adapter and you will be fine. I think you should get that .2$ adapter and see if you can tell the difference between those costing more. I doubt seriously if you can. Not trying to kick you in the balls just saying don't waste your money. Some wires can make a difference but no adapter that I've heard has. Totally disregard everything I have said and spend your money as I don't care it's not my money.
+1.

problem is that there's no seller of that product that ships to my country, is there another company? or mabye somewhere else to buy?
I wouldn't go through the effort to find it then. I wouldn't buy a $1-2 cable, as those will break easily, (no issues with sound quality as far as I'm concerned) but really, any normal OTG cable will do. OTG cables are all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back