USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All (at least for me)
Jan 1, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #167 of 573
I'll keep posting this until it get through people's heads. ...........

You can have the best USB sound your source and DAC can give by inserting at LDO regulated battery in the USB path. I use a $135cdn Musical Paradise MP-U1 and you can throw away all other devices and higher end cables.

Dan

Dan,

Rather than write inflammatory posts just leave us deluded fools to ourselves and start your own thread where you can develop your arguments.

M

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #168 of 573
Hi, i tried to add the Mutec MC3+ USB after the F1 as reclocker, but i prefer to run the F1 as stand alone, i like the sound characteristic of the F1 as it is, the black background, the micro details, the dynamic, the bass response, the smooth sound.....  , the difference was very small but i had the feeling this "blackness between the tones on some rhythmic music" was getting lost a little bit with the Mutec after the F1 so i dont use it actually, but this could also be caused by my 2nd digital cable,.... would be interesting what you find out,..

Greetings

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #169 of 573

Dan,

Rather than write inflammatory posts just leave us deluded fools to ourselves and start your own thread where you can develop your arguments.

M

Well, experimenting is fun and interesting, but when you start claiming that 100 hours of burn-in on a USB stick makes the music sound better, it does warrant some serious questioning and tend to discredit the rest - IMO...

Enjoy...

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #170 of 573
Clem,
Me? I'm a retired engineer now two years into high end audio desperately wanting to cut thru the distortions of logic I see. I've been down this path of trying to figure out why a CD transport via AES sounded better than ripped bits via USB. The bits are numerically identical...So why the difference in sound. I went through several products and several hundred dollars to fully resolve the issue...to my satisfaction.
A mindset that accepts that sound variables such and clarity, stage, dynamism (that aren't the pop, clicks and chirps of digital issues) are all about analog noise. USB or AC Mains.

USB filter and de-mucker product or LPS powered devices to clean the USB all still allow some noise thru the USB +5v line.
It's shocking that even 10uV of noise is audible (in the way it affects some DACs)

The direction of the conversion should be to realise the nature of the problem and assertively correct it.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #171 of 573

Yes, I preferred the DU-U8 to the Mutec direct, had more dynamics.

The F1 is powered via the microRendu, which has Regen tech built in.

M

I see are you using an iPower or LPS to power the MR?

Hi,

Is there a possibility to use the rednet D16 (like the startech) with the Singxer F1?

Thanks 
redface.gif

I can't see how

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #173 of 573
I'll keep posting this until it get through people's heads. All asynchronous USB chains regardless of the differences in sound are all bit perfect. The music data being delivered to the DAC is the same in all cases. Why the audible difference? It's not cable, it's not USB jitter, it's not software, operating system or server hardware performance.

For those that have a rationale mind to ponder why the many billion dollar IT industry dependent on USB working 100% doesn't give a crap about USB issues whereas we dwell incessantly on it?

Because when it comes to digital-to-digital, USB works fine.

What we hear with our ears is the small signal noise on the +5V pin on the USB cable...Which gets into the circuits that produce the analog output from the DAC.

I know this post will yet again fall on deaf ears because an entire industry is propped up on promulgating obfuscation and disinformation. Please wake up!!! Threads like this are such a waste of time.

You can have the best USB sound your source and DAC can give by inserting at LDO regulated battery in the USB path. I use a $135cdn Musical Paradise MP-U1 and you can throw away all other devices and higher end cables.

Dan

Well old Dan-o - you obviously have little experience trying these different configurations.  But if your little works for you great.  Just get off your high horse here - your speaking to group of very knowledgeable and experienced folks with fairly resolving systems.  And at least for me a deep level of personal ownership and trial with a multitude of devices.  And they do all sound the same.

I suggest you do a little homework on USB PHY and packet noise - John Swenson's articles are a great place to start.  I linked to them near the beginning of this thread - which I highly doubt you have bothered to read.

Happy 2017 Mate!

Who are you?

beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #175 of 573
  Hi, i tried to add the Mutec MC3+ USB after the F1 as reclocker, but i prefer to run the F1 as stand alone, i like the sound characteristic of the F1 as it is, the black background, the micro details, the dynamic, the bass response, the smooth sound.....  , the difference was very small but i had the feeling this "blackness between the tones on some rhythmic music" was getting lost a little bit with the Mutec after the F1 so i dont use it actually, but this could also be caused by my 2nd digital cable,.... would be interesting what you find out,..

Greetings

Good feedback - thanks!

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #176 of 573

Well, experimenting is fun and interesting, but when you start claiming that 100 hours of burn-in on a USB stick makes the music sound better, it does warrant some serious questioning and tend to discredit the rest - IMO...

Enjoy...

Why wouldn't a USB stick need burnin?  It has an on board crystal 12Mhz clock, a microprocessor, 3.3V voltage regulator, etc...

But this is the real kicker  - my new Golod 1.1618 Pyramid audio circuit enhancer - what do you think of this?

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #178 of 573

Why wouldn't a USB stick need burnin?  It has an on board crystal 12Mhz clock, a microprocessor, 3.3V voltage regulator, etc...

But this is the real kicker  - my new Golod 1.1618 Pyramid audio circuit enhancer - what do you think of this?

I suggest you take a long vacation, and your system will certainly sound much better when you get back :)

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #179 of 573
Dmance just as background information im active engineer in the PCB and substrate industry and i was working the last 3 years with Intel to build up a plant in China to produce substrates for the Skylake processor and further products, i know how important a proper board layout is to work with a high speed processor, even one micro via on the wrong place can influence the signal runtime and when you take a closer look to to the latest devices like the singxer F1 you will see how much work it is to develop such a product, its not just 0 and 1 :) and i agree to rb2013, thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back