USB SoundCard recommendation
Apr 18, 2020 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

masoknzn

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my laptop (Thinkpad T440p), where sound from the mic comes with a lot of background noise
Reading a lot, found that it might be related to a bad design on the internals of the laptop, so not much that can be done there
But, I've read people mentioning that using a USB soundcard, or even one of those cheap USB "7.1" dongles solved the problem

So I'm trying to go that way
Unfortunately, In my country, there are not a lot of options, and ordering from Amazon or similar pages is not an option either

So, here's what I could get my hands on

Cheap:
USB-Sound-card--600x600.jpg
USB-Sound-card-Normal-600x600.jpg
product-image-446626783_1024x1024.jpg

All of these are cheap, and if I had to guess, I would say that inside, they have the same chip or whatever. They don't have a brand either, so I can't look them up

Then there's this Kotion Each S1, but almost all reviews I saw are in Indian, and since I don't speak it, I have no clue if its good or not
61QuI3lHVBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I saw the Sabrent SND8
41sZ8R2KuGL._AC_.jpg

And the SoundBlaster Play!2, and M-Audio micro DAC

Also, I could get my hands on the adapters that come with some headphones (people sometimes sell them separately, they keep the headphones or they break, so they sell the adapter alone)
That would be the one that comes with the HyperX Cloud 2, the one that comes with Steelseries Siberia v2, and the one that comes with Logitech G430 I think
All of them are also 7.1

And finally, I've seen a few (used) Astro Mixamps, but I don't know if they are really worth it or not, since they are quite a little bit more expensive

I'd like to have a killswitch for the microphone, although is not really a dealbreaker

If you have some suggestions on these, those would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 3
There are so many devices. Specifying whether you connect line-out to the desptop amp or listening on headphones and a price range would help.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 3
I was just connecting a headset (gamecom 367) directly into the notebook

About price range, the only ones that are a little expensive are the Astro mixamp, and then a little less the ones from hyperx, Logitech and steelseries

The others are pretty cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back