USB dac volume control problem
Jun 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mokamora

New Head-Fier
i have 2 usb dac, shanling UA1 Pro and some cheap usb dac ALC4050. I use it for mac, windows, and android. mac and pc has no problem, i can control the volume. But when i use it on android, it seems like these 2 dac can only use "full feature" while using USB Audio Player Pro like i can control the volume without any problem, volume/sound is louder. When i switch back to VLC for watching film/video, the volume is become low, very very low.
I also have another android phone, but without UAPP, i use it with VLC, volume it louder. Switch back to my first phone, everything is change. Without UAPP, volume is ALWAYS lower.
What is the setting i need to change, so i can use it on my first phone, without UAPP ?

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Cheers, welcome to head-fi.

mayhaps ye posted this at off hours to the majority of the userbase being online; I would have expected someone to have taken a punt at this.

honestly, I havent run UAPP for many many moons (HF Player meets most of my needs, and runs alongside FiiO music app for functionality with FiiO tools & toys, like a BTA30 keeping my -hones and DAPs always hooked up to home hifi (and letting PS5 tempest audio work with ANY BT headphone etc))..

When reading your post a few things surface in my thoughts, and I am likely barking up the wrong tree here, but whilst you sound technically capable (super big ‘thanks in advance’ for going to good effort to describe what is going on) internet strangers may be left wondering ‘does this person know what they are doing’.

one of the best features of VLC (on any platform, to my understanding) is the ability to amplify the audio feed well above 100% volume using the on screen volume slider in the video playback window. (apols for being ‘not specific’ and describing this poorly, I haven’t used VLC in years). VLC being able to super crank up the volume on a poorly recorded video to 130% is ‘a feature’ (as well as time syncing audio and video stream together, such as when delays are happening to the audio by outboard processing)…

blast; rereading your question, I think I am missing mark.
without misleading, cause I am blind to the issue, I’d consider looking at developer options / or settings in specific audio apps.
I like feeding my DACs full 100% volume (bitperfect-ideal), and using other ways to change volume.
I am guessing by your post you like software volume- so, are you familiar with your android mixer &/or settings for locking usb volume to full output.

i ask this to help you clarify for others more apt to answer/help ye; more info for them about things you may have done across your devices and your technical skills to ‘muck around’ can help identify what may have changed too.

I have little doubt someone will come along,here, shortly, especially if you maintain this thread with re-lys to keep us in the loop as to what is going on..

this doesnt sound like the old bluetooth issues of moving BT audio kit from apple/android platforms where the volume slider ranges could get restricted or ‘moved’ based on how the last platform used it..

tell me more, tell me more…
(quoting grease)
but truthfully, I am shortly to snooze, and probably won’t pop back prior to you having gotten real help from a member who has an idea that may actually help thee.

cheers, happy head-fi’ing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back