USB dac for Letsshuor z12
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vafler86

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

so i had high hopes for letsshuor s12 since they were getting highly recommended by majority of people, so i bought them and i have to say they were underwelming for me. I use meizu and jade audio Ka3 usb dac with spotify with my phone. I found a video that said that Planars are difficult iem to drive, so i was wondering if my DACs are the problem here?

can you guys recommened me some good portable usb-c dacs which i should buy and which is a upgrade on the one i currently have.

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 5
I found tips to be problematic on the S12 and Z12--I tried many with poor results. Before you buy a dac, have you exhausted tip options?

Jun 15, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey,

so i had high hopes for letsshuor s12 since they were getting highly recommended by majority of people, so i bought them and i have to say they were underwelming for me. I use meizu and jade audio Ka3 usb dac with spotify with my phone. I found a video that said that Planars are difficult iem to drive, so i was wondering if my DACs are the problem here?

can you guys recommened me some good portable usb-c dacs which i should buy and which is a upgrade on the one i currently have.

What is the problem you find with your S12? I have the S12 and KA3 as well. I don't think you can do much better than that set up. I can hear a bit more soundstage depth, a bit stronger dynamic swings with my amplifier, but it is not going to change the S12 into something different.

Jun 16, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 5
I found tips to be problematic on the S12 and Z12--I tried many with poor results. Before you buy a dac, have you exhausted tip options?
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have tried only the stock tips that came with the iem.
What is the problem you find with your S12? I have the S12 and KA3 as well. I don't think you can do much better than that set up. I can hear a bit more soundstage depth, a bit stronger dynamic swings with my amplifier, but it is not going to change the S12 into something different.
Hey thanks for the reply. I found the sound lacking. I dont know maybe i expected more from them because they were hyped and reviewed so good. The sound is crispy, but lacks the wideness and separation of instruments. It could be that they are supposed to sound like that and i was expecting too much.

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have tried only the stock tips that came with the iem.

Hey thanks for the reply. I found the sound lacking. I dont know maybe i expected more from them because they were hyped and reviewed so good. The sound is crispy, but lacks the wideness and separation of instruments. It could be that they are supposed to sound like that and i was expecting too much.

Since all our ears are different, I'd suggest trying other tips. Final E, Dunu S&S, JVC Spiral Dots, there are a bunch of great options and they really do alter the sound significantly. Also suggest trying a size up or down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back