USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #1,066 of 6,195
It's been really buggy for me the past couple weeks, ignoring bit perfect mode and upsampling, changes to the actual sound like I'm listening inside a metal tube and it won't close.

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,067 of 6,195
It's been really buggy for me the past couple weeks, ignoring bit perfect mode and upsampling, changes to the actual sound like I'm listening inside a metal tube and it won't close.

Maybe the same issue I am encountering? http://www.head-fi.org/t/704065/usb-audio-recorder-pro-uapp-24-and-32-bit-playback-ubiquitous-usb-audio-support-for-android/1050#post_13031708

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,069 of 6,195

How did you know it's not bit perfect ?
I was having the same issues, but dev helped me.. please share your settings details.. we may help you !

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,071 of 6,195
  i know its not bitperfect because mojo shows blue light 192khz for CD 44.1khz files

That's default, it will happen if you don't change the setting, let me write below checks and let us know if you have done it 

Settings>

Play through Android > Untick
Use USB DAC > Tick
Upsample to highest rate > Untick
Bit Perfect (USB audio) > Tick
Android Sample Rate > Tick "Variable rate"

Apple these setting and restart the phone and let us know your comments.

I had the same issue with Mojo in past .. above settings resolved the issue !

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,072 of 6,195

That's default, it will happen if you don't change the setting, let me write below checks and let us know if you have done it 

Settings>

Use USB DAC > Tick

them are my settings already lol, thats why i have the problem because the settings are being ignored.

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,073 of 6,195

Settings>

Use USB DAC > Tick

them are my settings already lol, thats why i have the problem because the settings are being ignored.

Then the last option is to send Logs to developer and send a mail, they are very fast in reply and helping :)

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,074 of 6,195
  Then the last option is to send Logs to developer and send a mail, they are very fast in reply and helping :)

it could be, very hard to explain. there was also a problem where it seemed to be lowering the volume before my mojo. i used send the log to developers feature.

already done it mate 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #1,075 of 6,195
Hello Guys,

Will Viper4android will help UAPP for better SQ ?
I don't use EQ, i play bit perfect only feeding to Mojo !

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #1,076 of 6,195
  Hello Guys,

If you're really playing bit-perfect it means you're using the UAPP driver for USB access and not the V4A driver, so no, V4A will not help you in that case. The whole point of bit-perfect streaming, when you think about it, is to not let things like V4A alter the signal. :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #1,077 of 6,195

Hello Guys,

If you're really playing bit-perfect it means you're using the UAPP driver for USB access and not the V4A driver, so no, V4A will not help you in that case. The whole point of bit-perfect streaming, when you think about it, is to not let things like V4A alter the signal. :)

Thanks, now i don't need to flash my mobile :)

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,078 of 6,195
You could use the convolver function of the Viper4android and switch off all the other features - no loudspeakers/headphones are perfect! irs-files could help in this drastically improving the sound quality. Just my personal experience.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,079 of 6,195
  Thanks, now i don't need to flash my mobile :)

I didn't need to flash it either, I just installed V4A as an apk and rebooted the phone. It took some settings tweaking to get it to play nice with everything, but it was pretty smooth otherwise, probably because I'm running CyanogenMod which comes already rooted and with SELinux=Permissive.

You could use the convolver function of the Viper4android and switch off all the other features - no loudspeakers/headphones are perfect! irs-files could help in this drastically improving the sound quality.

In my experience using the default DDFs or some 3rd-party IRSes is hit and miss, mostly miss. They fix some things about the frequency response but create other problems like room reverberations (if the original author created the DDF or IRS by actually measuring the impulse response with a microphone rather than generating it in software). If you're not going to take the time to fine-tune a parametric equalization that you like for your specific headphones and create your own IRS from that, you're better off just using the multiband equalizer.

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #1,080 of 6,195
I use the irs-files based on my personal measurements with the calibrated condenser microphone and soft called Workshop from www.aplaudio.com. It works perfect. But I fully agree, that to use the third part DDB corrections without knowing the conditions under the measurements - is absolutely not recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back