USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,022 of 6,208

Yes, it says 3.3.0 here and I received a message from Google that the update is live.

Thanks I just went back in and it's now available.  On another note the distortion with the FiiO X7 is still there in the next firmware release.  It makes your app unusable.  I reported it to them and they said get with the software developer.  I'm sure the problem is on there end but is there anything we can do to prove to them it's their issue and not yours?

I'm going to tag @FiiO @FiiO-Shadow

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,023 of 6,208
  Thanks I just went back in and it's now available.  On another note the distortion with the FiiO X7 is still there in the next firmware release.  It makes your app unusable.  I reported it to them and they said get with the software developer.  I'm sure the problem is on there end but is there anything we can do to prove to them it's their issue and not yours?

Does it happen with the Onkyo player?

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #1,029 of 6,208
  He wants to avoid, not force, downsampling. Forcing 44.1k is downsampling relative to 48k. :)

I don't think you can force the sampling rate to some high value from UAPP itself. All you can do is set it to "Variable" so that it follows the file you're playing and the available rates of the DAC you're using. If you set "Android default" you're still going to get something like 44.1 or 48, because those are the typical Android defaults.

LE:
Oops, you actually can force it to go high: as high as the DAC supports (option "Upsample to highest rate"). Theoretically that may degrade the quality somewhat if the file you're playing has a lower sampling rate than the DAC's maximum, but if you're upsampling from, say, 96k to 192k I wouldn't expect much in the way of audible artifacts.

Is "variable" the correct setting to use if I want to avoid all up/downsampling, so that I can listen to the song in whatever bitrate I have it in? (assuming a capable DAC)

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,030 of 6,208

Is "variable" the correct setting to use if I want to avoid all up/downsampling, so that I can listen to the song in whatever bitratesampling rate I have it in? (assuming a capable DAC)

Yes. Both of the other options force the sampling rate to either 44.1k or 48k. You also need the "Upsample to highest..." option to be disabled, and possibly also the "Use USB DAC" one enabled, as the default audio driver you have on your Android may not handle the different sampling rates as well as UAPP's own driver.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,031 of 6,208
Something a blast from the past. When we're using UARP still...

With my first Android USB audio setup

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,032 of 6,208
Could I have an assistance here please.

I am currently using this app for a while. My main music sources are internal storage and uPnP server (created from ASUS router + External HDD)

I would like to ask how I can browse to both sources in the same page and can play the music shuffle. Because it shows only what inside internal storage in "Track" so I cannot choose to play all.

Now it is just like separated playback to choose and when I choose option to shuffle all songs from uPnP server, it is just random for only 200 songs from all songs which I want it to shuffle all of my songs at once. 

If anyone has the solution, please kindly share and help.

Thanks,
Art

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,033 of 6,208
Heh, just noticed the user interface section in the settings is titled "User inteface", no "r". :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,035 of 6,208
  Sorry about such a stupid question, but where do I find the 'scan' feature?

In the corner menu of the first 4 library pages: Artists, Albums, Tracks and Genres. I couldn't find it either at first because I never use those, I'm always in the folder browser. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back