USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 7, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #452 of 6,159
  I compared Tidal streaming via UAPP   with Tidal app android native .  Sq via UAPP is way  better. However Tidal to UAPP via bubble UPNP has intermittent problems, that is UAPP  sometimes starts looping part of the track.  Also Bubble no longer supports required feature. So , can we please have Tidal streaming implemented on UAPP.   I am willing to pay extra for such an upgrade..

USB Audio Player PRO 2.2.5 now supports Tidal directly.

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #453 of 6,159
Nov 7, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #454 of 6,159

USB Audio Player PRO 2.2.5 now supports Tidal directly.

Really happy to see this and the next update also sounds promising because it will add TIDAL search. 

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #455 of 6,159
One feature I'd like to see, is a popup notification of the current song and/or a current track listed in the status bar.

I listen to music while driving and have the Waze up on top to navigate. The trouble is that I can't then see which track is playing. It's also not easy to change tracks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #458 of 6,159
Driving me nuts. I will do proper search whe I get to work on a PC but my note 4 glitches when screen off. Have tried the tweaks to no avail. Any ideas? It is rock solid with screen on

The cpu frequency scaling probably is causing it. You can try setting the buffer size to 400 milliseconds and enable USB tweak 2 (if you have a USB2 DAC).

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #459 of 6,159
  You've done a fantastic job with Tidal, it now sounds better than my CD rips and probably the best digital I've ever heard. I will probably move from using my phone to a dedicated tablet for music, is there a device that you would recommend? Thanks!

It's very hard to recommend a tablet at the moment. Normally, I would have recommended a Samsung tablet, but on some Samsung models with a 5.1.1 update the app crashes when accessing a USB device (happens with 'similar' apps as well). Perhaps the Nexus 9 is a good candidate then, but I don't like how the physical buttons are placed.

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #460 of 6,159

It's very hard to recommend a tablet at the moment. Normally, I would have recommended a Samsung tablet, but on some Samsung models with a 5.1.1 update the app crashes when accessing a USB device (happens with 'similar' apps as well). Perhaps the Nexus 9 is a good candidate then, but I don't like how the physical buttons are placed.

Cool, will try a few options in store

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #461 of 6,159
I signed up (for a second time) Tidal just to try it with UAPP and my Galaxy S6 + USB DAC Ibasso Dzero mk2.

And boom. Sold. Galaxy S6 and modern usb dac's only work with uapp so I was out of the streaming party and Usb Dac's since I have it.

I had to add the account inside UAPP a few times, In don't know why but the first time it said "unauthorised". 

After the successful login everything worked perfectly fine. So happy. The SQ is amazing. You should try it!

Two questions:

1.- It seems it only works with streaming, not with offline music downloaded with the tidal app itself, is that right?

2.- Can we expect other streaming services (spotfy) added in the future?

Great work and thanks for adding features!!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #462 of 6,159
I signed up (for a second time) Tidal just to try it with UAPP and my Galaxy S6 + USB DAC Ibasso Dzero mk2.

And boom. Sold. Galaxy S6 and modern usb dac's only work with uapp so I was out of the streaming party and Usb Dac's since I have it.

I had to add the account inside UAPP a few times, In don't know why but the first time it said "unauthorised". 

After the successful login everything worked perfectly fine. So happy. The SQ is amazing. You should try it!

Two questions:

1.- It seems it only works with streaming, not with offline music downloaded with the tidal app itself, is that right?

I agree. Even though it's still 16/44 i much prefer the sound from uapp than tidal.

As you say though its streaming only, but when I am at home I use it. Sadly my data plan says otherwise while I am out and about.

I doubt unless you have a rooted phone(??) You would have much luck accessing the tidal data, but tbh I haven't looked into it so I could be completely wrong.

Must say though, great work. I love the sound and stability from uapp. Worth every penny.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #463 of 6,159
  Two questions:

1) Yes, offline is probably encoded or otherwise not accessible unless you are rooted
2) Unfortunately we cannot make comments about specific future supported streaming services, but yes, probably

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #464 of 6,159
Has anyone been able to connect UAPP to the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick? If possible can someone list step-by-step instructions or post a screenshot showing the configuration settings? 

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #465 of 6,159
 Two questions:

1) Yes, offline is probably encoded or otherwise not accessible unless you are rooted
2) Unfortunately we cannot make comments about specific future supported streaming services, but yes, probably

Thank you for your answer. I was about to change my galaxy s6 for a more usb friendly phone but this is a game changer for me.

Just curious, is it Tidal the chosen because it's open to be used with third party apps or is it a collaboration between both of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back