Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Dec 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #316 of 1,958
I think I'm going to go with the Musiland 01 USD instead.

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #317 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the RE-1 and it still helps. I would say yes - you would still benefit.

does the re1 have usb input? cus i'm just about the purchase a dac1 pre that has usb and i'm thinking if i should spdif with the hiface instead of usb on the dac1pre

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #319 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the re1 have usb input? cus i'm just about the purchase a dac1 pre that has usb and i'm thinking if i should spdif with the hiface instead of usb on the dac1pre

No. RE-1 does not have USB input.

As I read, DAC1 PRE USB input does 24/96 "no drivers required". It should be OK. Still, I think, hiFace (or perhaps even Musilands toys) would fare better.

$1,6K for a USB DAC and pre? It might be just me - I do not fancy the Benchmark's fatiguing brightness, but I wonder could you be satisfied with something like this? It uses dual differential DAC chips that you can find in Cambridge Audio's top of the line CD player...

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #320 of 1,958
I have a Musiland coming to play with in my vinyl archiving setup, but I just bought a HiFace from TweekGeek yesterday (for my office rig), and today it has shipped.

I like cutting out another cable out of the loop with the HiFace, and will run BNC direct to my DAC.

DC

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #321 of 1,958
I knew the Windows 7 (x64) drivers were fairly new and needed some work but wow this is ridiculous. Not only does it not work with DirectSound, it won't work with WASAPI either. It only shows up using ASIO/KS but I've tried both with Foobar2000 and ASIO (ASIO4ALL driver) with J River Media Center and Winamp and it crashes all of them. Not just any crash either, I can't even end the process; I have to restart my computer... manually because the hung process(es) cause shutdown to hang.

Dec 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #322 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew the Windows 7 (x64) drivers were fairly new and needed some work but wow this is ridiculous. Not only does it not work with DirectSound, it won't work with WASAPI either. It only shows up using ASIO/KS but I've tried both with Foobar2000 and ASIO (ASIO4ALL driver) with J River Media Center and Winamp and it crashes all of them. Not just any crash either, I can't even end the process; I have to restart my computer... manually because the hung process(es) cause shutdown to hang.

In Vista and W7 it officially supports only KS. It might change with new drivers as they dropped a word of adding support for WASAPI/DS. Why are you trying to use ASIO4ALL with foobar2000, use KS?

Dec 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #323 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Vista and W7 it officially supports only KS. It might change with new drivers as they dropped a word of adding support for WASAPI/DS. Why are you trying to use ASIO4ALL with foobar2000, use KS?

First off, ASIO4All is nothing but a wrapper for Kernel Streaming and it works PERFECTLY FINE ON 32 BIT.

Second, I already used KS with Foobar2000 and it caused epic crashes like every other piece of software I tried. Read my post. Quote:

Originally Posted by Somestranger26
It only shows up using ASIO/KS but I've tried both with Foobar2000

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #324 of 1,958
Quote:

I already used KS with Foobar2000 and it caused epic crashes like every other piece of software I tried.

Wrapper or not, they seem to work differently for m2tech, ASIO4ALL crackles a lot on Vista. Some have had some success with it on XP.
I haven't heard of any issues with KS on foobar2000 though, but if you are saying any piece of software crashes on your computer, there might be something really wrong with it. Have you tried it on other lap or comp? If you continue having issues, contact m2tech support, showing your anger here would not help.

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #326 of 1,958
Quote:

When this happen next time - try unplugging hiFace and see what happens. You just might regain the control of your computer.

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #327 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When this happen next time - try unplugging hiFace and see what happens. You just might regain the control of your computer.

Fresh Windows 7 install with no previous audio drivers installed. I've tried reinstalling drivers, unplugging and plugging the Hiface back in, etc. and still issues. It works with zero problems on my laptop running 32 bit except I do not use my laptop for music.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #328 of 1,958
Quote:

Fresh Windows 7 install with no previous audio drivers installed. I've tried reinstalling drivers, unplugging and plugging the Hiface back in, etc. and still issues. It works with zero problems on my laptop running 32 bit except I do not use my laptop for music.

May I ask obvious, did you use Setup64.exe, as it works fine for me on Vista 64bit?

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #329 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask obvious, did you use Setup64.exe, as it works fine for me on Vista 64bit?

Of course I did. And just to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it's not an issue with Windows, I just reinstalled and am having the same issue. I play something in Foobar with KS enabled to the hiface, my DAC locks it but nothing plays, Foobar crashes tragically. I'm definitely contacting m2tech about this now.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #330 of 1,958
Did you try compatibility mode? For Vista or maybe XP SP3?

Probably won't matter since you are getting it to actually commence the install process, but just an idea....

DC

Quote:

Of course I did. And just to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it's not an issue with Windows, I just reinstalled and am having the same issue. I play something in Foobar with KS enabled to the hiface, my DAC locks it but nothing plays, Foobar crashes tragically. I'm definitely contacting m2tech about this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back