US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical
Sep 28, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
Please avoid buying an IEM over looks. If you want to spend that much on an IEM I would look up the JVC FXD80 (and they just so happen to look cool too
smily_headphones1.gif
). Honestly in the JVC Carbon Nanotube line the FX40 will prolly be on par with the turbines for 20 dollars (I have a pair).
It would probably be better for you to list the kind of music you will primarily listen to as well as the sound signature that you like -- bassy? neutral? sparkly highs? forward mids? etc... Just do the best you can to describe what you are looking for.
People are making recommendations to you based on what THEY like. Its best to tell us what YOU like and see if anyone on here has experience to guide you to the right purchase.

Haha you got me, Guilty. Yeah i should stop judging an IEM purchase by its look.

Quote:
He's given the genre's he listens to in the TITLE. and also a brief run down of what he's looking for.
But I'm sure a little more wouldn't hurt.

Honestly if you ask me, what I can tell you is that My type of music would be bassy with highs. But I hate a piece that's TOO Bassy, like some of my friends, i totally thought how the hell can they enjoy these songs with too much bass. As long as the bass is "real" and plenty, it's good. (Damn i should learn how to describe properly haha). I only listen to classical 10% of the time so doesnt matter if the IEM aint built for it.

Other than that, I listen to Trance and Dubstep. Would be great if I can hear distinctively the different type of freqs.
Also, Hip Hop, Rap, so theres vocals. I dont prefer vocals that's too high like as if I turned up the treble to the max.

My Brainwavs M1 gave me a good  Great time listening to the songs I listen to. I'm using it right now ( with the wires placed at the right places to get the right side working haha) so I can really tell how genuine my love for the type of sound the M1 is giving.

Would like to try something new that fits with my type of music.

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #18 of 21
Yamaha EPH-100 do have decent treble extension though it's very polite docile highs. Instead of 'Kssh! Kssh!' it's more 'Ting Tings' well detailed. It's the bass and clarity you were looking for that based my recommendation on EPH. Turbines treble is slightly recessed, not really a focus of their signature and may not be enough. Both have good bass presence with decent timbre but the turbines can reach lower in sub-bass regions, though it's clear to me the better IEM is Yamaha by quite a few legs because there's little to no bleeding into mid range so presentation remains clear. (especially at higher volumes). Hence the higher price.

For your genres and preference I still wouldn't exclude EPH-100 as everything in its signature is there. Clarity in mids, punchy bass, just the highs are to be examined on your behalf Turbines compared will be slightly boomy or bloated though both have good tone and fit your preferred genre's.

Hopefully some others can chime in to expand your selection.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
Yamaha EPH-100 do have decent treble extension though it's very polite docile highs. Instead of 'Kssh! Kssh!' it's more 'Ting Tings' well detailed. It's the bass and clarity you were looking for that based my recommendation on EPH. Turbines treble is slightly recessed, not really a focus of their signature and may not be enough. Both have good bass presence with decent timbre but the turbines can reach lower in sub-bass regions, though it's clear to me the better IEM is Yamaha by quite a few legs because there's little to no bleeding into mid range so presentation remains clear. (especially at higher volumes). Hence the higher price.
For your genres and preference I still wouldn't exclude EPH-100 as everything in its signature is there. Clarity in mids, punchy bass, just the highs are to be examined on your behalf Turbines compared will be slightly boomy or bloated though both have good tone and fit your preferred genre's.
Hopefully some others can chime in to expand your selection.

wooh the Yamaha EPH-100 looks (i mean sound?) good according to the reviews, but the price is too steep for me at this moment. But if I could demo it first and judge it myself, then I would have more confidence in spending that much. Unfortunately im not in my home country right now and will be away for quite some time, so sourcing for a demo set will be hard to find depending on my location.

I'm still thinking of getting a JVC HA-S500, read afew reviews, kinda concluded that it would be a bang for the buck and would like to hear myself if it's really true. Someone also said that Trance and HipHop sounded great on these.

Looks like i'll still look around the list for an IEM for the time being.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 21
Well, if you ever want Yamaha EPH-100 the cheapest place to purchase is audioaffair I think it comes to about $115 US shipped.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH100-Earphones/product_5924

Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back