UPS Store Private Mail Boxes: Anybody have one?
Feb 14, 2007 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jjhatfield

Frank
So here's the deal:

I'm a single guy who lives alone. I order lots of little things off the internet, sometimes audio equipment, but mainly things like fountain pens, CDs, and books. Most of these items are shipped signature required, so it makes no sense to have things shipped to my house. Furthermore, even if the postal worker does remember to put one of those notes on my door, my local post office is a satellite holding center that is NOT open on Saturday. So since I work full time a good half hour drive from the post office, heading there on my lunch break is not an option. I have most things sent to work, but honestly I just don't like having a slew of personal packages coming into the office; it makes me feel a little unprofessional.

My first instinct was to get a PO Box at the post office right up the street from my work. The workers there are SUPER friendly and helpful. The problem with that is you can't receive Fedex et. al. packages there. The majority of my packages are sent through USPS, but I hesitate to establish a PO Box because some folks prefer to ship non-USPS.

So someone gave me the idea to do some research into these UPS Store PMBs. They sound great: having someone there to sign for you packages is a plus, plus great Saturday hours as well as being open until 6:30pm on weekdays, which gives me plenty of time to get there after work. The biggest con is sometimes you get one of those ridiculous addresses with 3 different sets of numbers in it, but the UPS Store nearest my house has a very simple address. I'm wondering if anyone here has a UPS Store PMB, or had one with MBE before UPS bought them out, and if you have any negative/positive experiences you would like to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back