UPS people are jerks.
Mar 17, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
never use UPS standard to Canada....never....they are BS. (unless ur purchase is less than 20CAD or CAD60 declared as gift)

Use USPS...they are the r0x0r...and sometimes the airmail parcel can be as fast as global priority mail!

airmail parcel is cheaper, though it is not checkable online and maximum insurance is only 100CAD. if you are receiving this kind of parcel, most of the time they don't deliver directly to you. I don't like sending airmail parcel to outside CANADA too, as insurance is not large enough to cover the actual item value. Currentlly, I like sending and receiving FEDEX parcel. They are Damn fast. DHL is another alternative. Post office is a little bit slower.

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 61
I never use UPS anymore. They seem fine for smaller packages, but anything heavy or with large dimesnions always seems to get damaged. On top of that their drivers generally seem to have bad attitudes... I think its because they are stuck wearing brown all day.

Jul 20, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #19 of 61
well I got charged 21$CAD for something declared 20$US(shoulda asked him to declare as 15US$).

the 'something' was a pair of Sennheiser HD595s so I win at the end.
but if the item was really 20$ value I probably would be angry right now

Jul 20, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
My one and only run in with UPS was for a $20 book off eBay. When they showed up at my door they wanted $19 for brokerage. I laughed in his face and sent him packing. I emailed the seller and she resent the book via USPS for free.

Yikes! I just sent something to Canada, declared as $25USD but in two areas marked as a gift (which it really is). If UPS DOES try to charge the person outrageous fees, will they return it to me free if he rejects it?

I hope they don't try and screw him over; I couldn't make it to the US PO today, and wanted to get something out.....

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #23 of 61
I refuse to use UPS.

They have no screening process for packages. Basically they'll accept anything, toss it in a truck and basically trash it. By the time it gets to the recipients door the contents are destroyed.

I had a 60 pound raw-subwoofer driver shipped loosely in a cardboard box... just barely thicker than a Grado pizza box !!!!.... I kid you not. By the time I had received it, the box was ripped open, and the CAST ALUMIMUM speaker frame was crushed and crumbled in several places.

OK... OK... yes the moronic seller should have double boxed it better with foam padding and all that. But UPS should screen this stuff and reject anything that is so obviously poorly packaged.

Conversely... I have had nothing but praise for USPS (KNOCK ON WOOD). I also have had my local USPS reject MY packing jobs, knowing well in advance that there was a chance of shipping damage. The USPS clerks will work with you, and instruct you to re-box and re-tape. They have boxes and tape there in the PO... free if you choose priority mail.

This was the last time I ever used UPS... its a $150 stroller. Again.... OBVIOUSLY under-packed.

dscn61540kj.jpg

dscn61534ic.jpg

dscn61512rc.jpg

[size=xx-large]AVOID UPS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE... BROWN = CRAP[/size]

Jul 21, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #24 of 61
I had my 50lb Thermaltake Kandolf shipped via UPS 2 day air from CA to Honolulu. No problems at all, box came in perfect condition, and the guy even carried the gigantic box to my doorstep in the rain.

Jul 21, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #26 of 61
DHL > FedEx > UPS > USPS

Well, for me, anyway.

Jul 21, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #27 of 61
my problem with ups is them occasionally driving RIGHT BY MY HOUSE to deliver something down the road then delivering my stuff TEN MINUTES LATER

last time this happened was while waiting for a guitar (they probably did it when they brought my last couple items as well)

Jul 21, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #29 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Don't like the color of the uniform. Sucks, IMO

They got somes strange stares when they started the operation in Germany.
I mean, brown was the uniform colour of the SA Nazis and is therefor quite unpopular nowadays.

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 61
Quote:

They got somes strange stares when they started the operation in Germany.
I mean, brown was the uniform colour of the SA Nazis and is therefor quite unpopular nowadays.

lol. Our country cops have a uniform like that. Looks exactly like the SA only with less nazi insignia and more police emblems...
biggrin.gif

Anyway I personally prefer having things sent to me via USPS. So far some stuff from tangent in a padded bag and some headphones in a box both global priority have arrived promptly, in perfect condition and at a very decent price.

My old man had a bad experience with fedex where they shipped something that he wanted deliverd to a postal box because we wouldn't be home for a week or two, we'd gone up north, when they'd try and deliver it.

They ship it anyway without notifying him that they won't deliver to a postal box so they kept trying to deliver it to our house. That completely ruined the plan of having a relative picking it up from postal box and then taking it to us while we were on holiday. We'd taken the boat and that was the new sounder/GPS. He was far from impressed...

So not only are ups and fedex a rip off, the price premium hasn't even justified it in the past. USPS all the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back