Uploading to Cowon S9
Nov 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

emofruit

New Head-Fier
Hi, just wondering about uploading to the Cowon S9, it it just drag and drop into the music folder?

Also, I've read some things about the player saying that uploading too much at one time or something causes the device to go crazy or something. Can someone give me more details on that?

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Cowon players don't come with some ridiculous proprietary method (i.e. iTunes) to get music on the DAP, so it should be drag&drop.

As for putting too much on the player at one time, I don't know.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by emofruit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, just wondering about uploading to the Cowon S9, it it just drag and drop into the music folder?

Also, I've read some things about the player saying that uploading too much at one time or something causes the device to go crazy or something. Can someone give me more details on that?

Yep, you can either use Mediamonkey, WMP or other or just set it to Mass Storage and drag and drop. I use a combination of Mediamonkey and drag and drop depending on which PC I'm on.

I've had no problems at all no matter how much I upload. A couple of times now I've formatted the player, copied over around 24GB of Music and ~6GB of video and had absolutely no problems at all.

Tremendous player. I bought it for the audio, but the screen has to be seen. Stunning.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm with LJ50, though I use WMP12 and drag and drop via MTP. If you want to create playlists with WMP, you must have it set to MTP. Otherwise, playlists don't show. I have to load some video on mine yet, but looking forward to it. SQ is superb, and the UI modability is fun. I had the S9 and Sony X, but decided to go with the less expensive, more customizable player. SQ-wise, it was close. But for my purposes, the S9 was the smarter choice.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm still having trouble uploading. Mediamonkey seems to be pretty good... but I'm unable to upload certain files for unknown reasons. It looks like this is mostly a problem with flac files and other file extensions other than mp3.

Edit : I found out what the problem is. In order to make it work with mediamonkey, you have to make it so that mediamonkey recognizes that the device supports that format. However, you can't do this till you get gold. Terrible!

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 8
Yea the OLED screens on devices are amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

But yea I have heard about the mass moving storage causing breakage (wow haha) that happens sometimes, not sure what the percentages are or if it's just speculation.

And yes you can either drag-n-drop or use a program.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 8
With my cowon, I just drag and dropped from iTunes to the music folder so that I didn't have to go hunting around. I use a Mac, so don't get to use Media Monkey or WMP. The drag and drop interface, however, isn't perfect. It frequently didn't carry files over which was a problem I only had with the D2. I have no idea if it has been fixed with newer systems.

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by emofruit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still having trouble uploading. Mediamonkey seems to be pretty good... but I'm unable to upload certain files for unknown reasons. It looks like this is mostly a problem with flac files and other file extensions other than mp3.

Edit : I found out what the problem is. In order to make it work with mediamonkey, you have to make it so that mediamonkey recognizes that the device supports that format. However, you can't do this till you get gold. Terrible!

Thanks for the info. But are you absolutely positive that is the problem? I did suspect this but I thought it also might be due to the firmware (v2.5) not being recognized as the same on mediamonkey (v1.41).

If I have to get gold to solve this problem, I would. Reason being whenever I switch from MTP to MSC to transfer FLAC files, all my artwork gets screwed up and even after re-syncing with mediamonkey again, they don't appear. Only after deleting everything from the s9 and resyncing from scratch does my artwork appear again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back