Upgrading from mylarone Xbi
Jan 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gurubhai

500+ Head-Fier
OK, I am a newbee here, so seeking help from the experienced ones.

my first IEM were the mylarone Xbi and I loved them till a friend of mine took them and never returned them. (you see, he loved them too
wink.gif
)

so I decided to go for a minor upgrade and researched on these excellent forums and narrowed down on these three :

1. head-direct RE2

2. Denon C551

3. Nuforce NE-7

these fit my budget my budget which is strictly max $80 shipped.
however are these really worth the $25 extra that I have to pay over mylarone?
I have no amp and I will be using Ipod mostly as a source.
also, which one should I go for in case they are a significant upgrade over mylarones.

p.s. mylarone build quality is not an issue with me.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I haven't heard two out of the 3 but I like the NE-7M's. I haven't found the provided tips to be amazingly comfortable but I ordered some Comply's and hopefully that helps. Not sure if that puts you over budget or not but if it's $80 US Dollars then you should be able to get the 7's + some Comply's for just under that much. I think it really comes down to the kind of music you like. I think some people said the RE2's have better clarity but less bass but as I said, have only used the 7's. If you favor music with bass I'd go with the 7's but if you listen to more classical type music I'd probably go with the RE2's.

Hopefully someone who has heard 2 or 3 of those can also offer advice.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 4
thanks Zalithian for your input.
yes, I do like bass but clarity is as much important to me.
I am leaning towards RE2, but if it is too deficient in bass that would be problematic for me.
I know the mylarone sound, so if some one who has heard these two and can compare their bass and clarity, would be of great help.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back