Upgrade from Fubar II
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chris Tch

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a Fubar II with OPA627s in place of the stock op-amps that I'm using with a Little Dot Mk V amp and DT 990s. I love the setup, but I have a feeling that I could be getting more out of it. I definitely want to stick with the Little Dot, but I'd like to know what else is out there in terms of DACs that might fit my amp/headphones better. If there are any good tube DACs out there I'd be interested in those too, but either way, I'd like to spend less than $200. Is this possible?

Thanks

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 6
You might be better off upgrading your power supply to the Firestone Supplier DPS if you have not.  Also, upgrade the OPA627s with AD797 or OPA602B.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Interesting, I thought it was pretty widely accepted that the OPA627/637 were the best in terms of opamp quality. Is the 602B new? Because I haven't heard of that one, but I'd certainly be willing to try something else. Also, does the Supplier really make that much of a difference? I figured that since it wasn't driving anything with a high load that it really wouldn't need a beefier power supply. Thanks

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 6
You're in for pleasant surprises then.  =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back