Upgrade from DT770 (250 Ohm)
Mar 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 5
First, how many extra dollars? Second, what do you not like about yout DT770s? Finally, what properties are you looking for in a headphone (in particular, do you need closed/isolating cans?)

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 5
what kind of 770? Pro/Premium?

my advice would be to grab some 600 Ohms drivers
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lee: whats the difference betwene pro/premium?

the biggest diff is the clamping, which is much lower on the Premium....so it's much more comfy after a few hours and it doesn't make the sound compressed/the bass overwhelming(try to pull the cups from your ears on the Pro
wink.gif
)
Also the cups on the Premium are made in ABS, which is a highly resistant and vibration-free plastic...the cups on the Pro sound terrible, dampen them or die! hence the woodies
wink.gif

and the 600 Ohms drivers are much more transparent than the 80/250, even Skylab loves them...and I do too
biggrin.gif

the Pro sounds as if you heard music on some huge saturated speakers, the Premium/250 on some good speakers and the Premium/600 sounds most delightful w/ more bass than the 250! I don't miss my cd1k(same drivers as the cd3k) one single bit.

here's what the beyer techsupport told me, and I fully agree on everything they say(I've had the Pro and now the Premium/600) :

Quote:

I expect the 32 ohms version to sound less transparent as the 600 ohms version. Headphone systems with lower impedances usually have a slightly heavier diaphragm + coil causing it to react slower to impulses…systems with higher impedances do the opposite.

Quote:

Difference DT 770 PRO - DT 770

The DT 770 PRO is designed for use in studio and on stage for professional use.
The headband has a rugged construction and gives a secure fit for the listener. The retaining bracket for the ear cups is more angled than the Hifi-version. This provides a better fit and causes also a more powerfull compressed sound which is necessary for professional applications in studio and FOH.

The DT 770 is designed for listening music and relax. The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours. The Hifi-version has a more transparent and open sound than the DT 770 PRO.

The difference of both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application.

DT 990 PRO/DT 990 very similar difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back