upgrade from ath-es700? es10 or esw11?
Jun 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sofastreamer

Headphoneus Supremus
i am fallin in love with my es700. i like it better than my momentum and similar priced closed back portableS. but i still want more. id like a bit more detail and separation with similat soundsignature. which of the higher tier ath will fit the bill?

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Hello there Sofastreamer..Im in the market too looking for new cans... It seems you have 2 of the cans im interested in and would like your output and reation on those two..The momentum and the es700.. or any other recommendation which you think can better these two but below the $300 belt..Thanks.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Okay..Thanks for the feedback would keep that in mind..if it gets to choosing from the two...i have a few  others to cross out on my list..you could checkout my thread and give me any other outputs..Thanks..Thread link

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 6
i am fallin in love with my es700. i like it better than my momentum and similar priced closed back portableS. but i still want more. id like a bit more detail and separation with similat soundsignature. which of the higher tier ath will fit the bill?

If you are brave enough to do a little modding from this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/645649/the-new-ath-es700/510#post_9508769

You will be rewarded with a lively sound where ALL instruments and vocals are floating outside the headphone space and soundstage is expanded in a airy way .
Also the resolution is accentuated as drivers are more "free"
The mod also tames agressive bass and you have a refined extendid bass.
The reward outweighs the effort as the mids are clear and majical.
I had the ws99, es10 anf w1000x ... gone...no need.
I still have my esw9 wich are just as special modding in a diffefent way, as they have detail but these es700 remain more magnified in details and more liveliness. Different signature.
These two are only on ears I can recomend.
Check my profile for my headphone history.
Only cans left for me to get are the esw11.
Only major on ear can I didnt own was the momentums,
But I did A/B them agianst my es700 before..
Ooo forgot the new Kef m500 & the expensive edition 8 :p
Oh well theres always another can lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back