(Update) Newbie needs help: purchased fake Audio Technica ATH-ES7 on Ebay
Jul 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

southcounty13

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I purchased the ATH-ES7's on Ebay a few weeks ago after hearing my brother's set he got for his birthday. I saw a great deal on Ebay and jumped on it without doing any prior research. I received them a couple of days ago and the sound quality was horrible. I reviewed some old threads about the fakes out there and mine are obviously fake. I am now scared to purchase the Audio Technica brand but I am looking for something similar in size and price in the $125-$150 range. I will be using the headphones almost eveyday and also at the gym. Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance!

M

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 15
Ultrasone HFI-780.  You can bid lower than the asking price and save some money. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRASONE-HFI-780-HFI780-CLOSED-BACK-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/270605308621?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item3f015552cd

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #7 of 15
Why don't buy another set of ATH-ES7 if you like them, but from a reliable seller? After all these negative experiences people made buying fakes of ebay, I'll never buy a headphone there.

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 15
I'm sorry about your fakes but I agree with meltie regarding getting a real pair.  I've only recently bought the white pair of ATH-ES7s and I'm still burning them in (only about 48 hours total), but they already sound so good!!

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 15
I called Audio Technica and found a local retailer for the ES7s. Im going to get a REAL set this time! Thanks all 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 15
what was the seller's ebay ID?  

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #12 of 15
Also would like to know seller's Ebay ID.  Bought a set of these phones the other day on Ebay and this morning received a notice from Ebay that they had cancelled this listing.  Seller emailed me from Hong Kong claiming he did not know why he was delisted and offering to ship phones within 24 hours if I would keep transaction in place.  Price was very low - probably too good to be true. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #13 of 15
Here is the EBay seller who sold me the fake headphones:like-shopping
I told him that the headphones did not sound right and also told him that I thought they were fakes after comparing them to a real set. He told me that he would gladly refund the money to me and that the reason his headphones looked and sounded different because they were the "Hong Kong Versions" hahaha. 

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 15
I've seen Hong Kong Senn IE8s which costed about $100, seen many other fakes from Hong Kong. Maybe I will be a little more cautious when buying from sellers from that place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back