Upcoming video game discussion thread
Mar 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 68
Yeah there is going to be a new Counter-Strike :) Trailer, commentaries, and of course beta weapons lists are in Youtube since few months ago.

Max Payne 3 is probably dfferent because it's not a free roam. Take a look at the development and technology video made by Rockstar Games on Youtube or on their website, it looks really cool. A must play for Max Payne fans :p

And of course let's hope GTA 5 is not a huge disappointment.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #17 of 68

Quote:
Yeah there is going to be a new Counter-Strike
smily_headphones1.gif
Trailer, commentaries, and of course beta weapons lists are in Youtube since few months ago.
Max Payne 3 is probably dfferent because it's not a free roam. Take a look at the development and technology video made by Rockstar Games on Youtube or on their website, it looks really cool. A must play for Max Payne fans
tongue.gif

And of course let's hope GTA 5 is not a huge disappointment.

I don't think Rockstar is capable of dissapointment

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 68

Quote:
I uhh, tried Xenoblade Chronicles, and wasn't too enamored with the battle system. It's too floaty for me. A shame, as I'd have love to go through it for the story.
I'm real picky when it comes to action RPGs and their battle systems.
Jude, and racing games? Lol. I'm considering getting Ridge Racer for the PS Vita, though itsnot exactly getting rave reviews. Still, I love arcadey racers, and I'm a huge drifting mechanic RR fan. Ridge Racer 7 is my fave racing game, then Burnout Revenge.

They're making Ridge Racer again? If it's like the one released with the original PSP, I thought it was pretty good. It was fun playing the old tracks of the original RR with updated graphics. I really want to get GT5. The only one I played was the 2nd one for the PS1 and it was one of my favorite racing games. On the same page of racing games, I really want to see a NFS: Underground 3.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #20 of 68
I love Ridge Racer since RR6, Ridge Racer 7, Ridge Racer PSP. Apparently the Vita one is lacking almost everything that made the ones I mentioned good. Barely any tracks, cars, and modes.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #21 of 68
In no particular order, games I'm looking forward to:

TERA

Prototype 2

Max Payne 3

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Ninja Gaiden 3

Dragon's Dogma

Darksiders 2

South Park: The Game

Far Cry 3

Borderlands 2

Resident Evil 6

Assassin's Creed 3

Bioshock: Infinite

Sleeping Dogs

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Also, recent releases that I look forward to trying:

Tales of Grace F

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #23 of 68

Quote:
Far Cry 3, also looking forward to this...  I hope it's not disappointing like Far Cry 2.

Far Cry 2 had a good, unique start but it was hard to finish because it just wasn't compelling.

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #24 of 68
I am incredibly stoked for Halo 4, that little glimpse of Multi-player made me cry for joy. Bringin' back the BR? Yes plz.
The fact that the maps are made for MLG's, none of this campaign based crap is awesome.
Borderlands 2, don't even get me started on that game, it's gonna be amazing, gonna no-life that like no other.
2012 is gonna be a good year for vidya gamez!

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #25 of 68

Quote:
I am incredibly stoked for Halo 4, that little glimpse of Multi-player made me cry for joy. Bringin' back the BR? Yes plz.
The fact that the maps are made for MLG's, none of this campaign based crap is awesome.
Borderlands 2, don't even get me started on that game, it's gonna be amazing, gonna no-life that like no other.

While the new Halo 4 is going to be great. The idea of Spartan IVs is just seems to be out of place. Since the Spartan IIIs were already budget type mass production models I don't see how UNSC is supposed to be able to fund for new spartans wearing what looked like MJORNIRs. The spartan IVs will also be made without the help of Dr. Halsey since she's trapped on the shield world Onyx, and we all know how that affected the spartan IIIs.

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #26 of 68

Quote:

Except some people couldn't care less for the multiplayer based crap and actually want story based single player gaming.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #28 of 68

Quote:
Except some people couldn't care less for the multiplayer based crap and actually want story based single player gaming.

That's fine if you want single player story gaming... What I'm saying, is that for the multiplayer crap, that you seem not to care about, they're not going to base the maps off of campaign themed levels. It's going to be a custom designed multiplayer experience, completely separate from the campaign itself, of which, I am stoked for. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #29 of 68
Quote:
That's fine if you want single player story gaming... What I'm saying, is that for the multiplayer crap, that you seem not to care about, they're not going to base the maps off of campaign themed levels. It's going to be a custom designed multiplayer experience, completely separate from the campaign itself, of which, I am stoked for. 

Ah, of course. I also think multiplayer should have a far larger amount of multiplayer oriented maps rather than singleplayer ones.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #30 of 68

Quote:
While the new Halo 4 is going to be great. The idea of Spartan IVs is just seems to be out of place. Since the Spartan IIIs were already budget type mass production models I don't see how UNSC is supposed to be able to fund for new spartans wearing what looked like MJORNIRs. The spartan IVs will also be made without the help of Dr. Halsey since she's trapped on the shield world Onyx, and we all know how that affected the spartan IIIs.

I'm really interested to see how they play Master Chief into all of this. I thought I remember hearing one of the designers say that the new Spartan IV's are going to be bigger, faster, stronger, and overall better than Chief. My big question, if this is true, how will he keep up, how will they keep him a dynamic part of the game if he's supposedly 'inferior' to these new Spartans. 
That, and I'm excited to see the new enemy they're going to fight! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back