Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Oct 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #46 of 1,751
  Let's just hope we don't have to rely on RB to fix issues like in the X3

To be fair, most people tend to RB players regardless :p

but yeah they told me they are aware of the dissatisfaction with the X3 software, hence why they are doing extended testing on the X10 software. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the X3 is said to be (never used the X3 myself.)

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #52 of 1,751
I just think as if both opamp to be exchanged :rolling_eyes:.. muses8920 would better as lpf due to jfet base

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #56 of 1,751
  Jack at the bottom of the player and cheap looking control wheel. Whyyyyyyyyyy !77???11!

The jack at the bottom makes the controls upward-facing for easier access if it's placed in a pocket, and I don't think the control wheel looks particularly cheap. It does look ergonomic, with the raised bars providing a gripping surface. The multi-angle front is non-boring and adds to the aesthetics and makes is visually inviting just as the controls are finger-inviting. In short, I don't have a problem with the design.

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #60 of 1,751
I know that it hasn't been released yet but of it shares similar firmware like the previous model Rockbox should work.

It won't just work out of the box, because there's a layer of software in Rockbox that is specific to specific hardware. Since this hardware is unique, specific drivers will have to be found or developed to incorporate into Rockbox so it will run on this particular player. The hope is that if it shares a majority of its hardware with the X3 that porting it over will not be difficult. The screen, for example is clearly different, so the version of Rockbox that runs on the X3 will certainly not run on the X10, and it remains to be seen if the person who ported Rockbox to the X3, or anyone else with the ability, will be willing to do the work necessary to make it work on the X10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back