Unusual Hobbies
May 1, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #31 of 66
Nope, no Gil Hibbens. The ones you buy in the store are just wall hangers made out of crappy steel. The ones handmade by Gil with real bladesteel are very pricey.

Pic of my finger is just my most recent knife injury.

May 1, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #32 of 66
Lock pickers, knife throwers, gun enthusiasts, inventories of pcbs, electronic parts, and tools.

I sure hope the feds don’t visit this forum.

biggrin.gif

May 1, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #34 of 66
Knives, especially switchblades, gravity knives, and large fixed fighters. Guns too. Been paring down my collections to feed this certain other obsession that sucked me in a while back...

smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and I like to play the drums.

May 1, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #35 of 66
I collect headphones...I spend hundreds of dollars on them. I make my own cables and amps.

Seriously, to anyone not on this forum it would seem kind of wierd.

May 2, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #37 of 66
Some more money is a start. But I'd suggest alot more money. Karting is a cheap form of racing but not a cheap hobby.
The racing will give you an intense rush. In sprint racing I would get to race 3 heats in a day. Each only lasting about 10 minutes but if things went well in just one of those short heats I couldn't wait for the next race day.

May 2, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #38 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Lock pickers, knife throwers, gun enthusiasts, inventories of pcbs, electronic parts, and tools.

I sure hope the feds don’t visit this forum.

biggrin.gif

If we all got together in one place we could really wreak some havoc. Look out A Team here come Jude's Angels.
biggrin.gif

Metal detecting always looked like fun. I remember when it was real poplular around here a couple of decades ago. I bet the equipment is much better now.

May 2, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #42 of 66
Growing up, it was coins, stamps, and model airplanes and boats. While non of the models survived the last 15 years, I still have my library of aircraft books. The models make me sick because I started pricing them for building with my kids and some of the ones I had would cost $70 to buy again!
eek.gif

In general I collect things. But too many things to limit them to a few single catagories. Here are a few:

*Those mentioned above.
*Odd knives that were not made to be collected.
*Sharpening stones.
*Coffee mugs that friends have given me.
*Calculators and sliderules
*Smoking paraphernalia (lighters, lighter cases, cigarette cases, etc.) from family members that smoked (I don't)
*Men's accessories: tie-clips, belt buckles, watches, etc.
*Spent casings and fired bullets. I have a box full of everything from .22-.45 showing what they look like after they are shot and after hitting certain materials. (My favorite TV show is CSI if you haven't guessed.)
*I was collecting obsolete computers at one point, but it became a storage issue rather quickly.

May 3, 2003 at 6:16 AM Post #44 of 66
1. Collecting minidiscs
2. Playing with minidisc equipment, which leads to
3. headphones, even though I only have one headphone
4. hobby rocketry. If any of you know about it, my highest power flight was an H128. My mother flew an I211, as did my sister. The rockets were an AMRAAM2, AMRAAM3, and 1/4 Patriot, respectively. Right now i'm making a flying pyramid. Base is 40cm, height 45cm. Should be powered by an H123.
5. Playing Saxophone, and recently, electric bass.

May 3, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #45 of 66
i used to collect Sawarski crystals but it got too expensive
frown.gif

so now i collect portable audio equiptment
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back