untethered + giu based jailbreak for ipod touch 2g
Mar 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
yesterday the untethered jailbreak was released for the ipod touch 2g, and browsing about today i found a gui based solution, so even n00bs like me can jailbreak without breaking something.

[Release] QuickFreedom - Untethered GUI! - iPod touch Fans forum

all you'll need is firmware 2.2.1, which you can get from here (it needs to be saved to a directory)

iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

i had been using the tethered jailbreak for a while now, and this morning the battery died (refused to charge all night), so i was happy to see this thing released.

anyway, i'm currently playing flac files on my ipod.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 5
what you playing those flacs with? Im curious about that myself, got a buttload of FLAC files here and I did the jailbreak last night.

and how are you putting the files on there? SSH? in what folder are you putting them??

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Vlc?

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 5
use iphone browser to put files on your ipod. it's much less complicated than using ssh to do it wirelessly (though you do need a computer).

at the moment i'm trialling zodplayer. not as nice as the built in player, but it meansi don't have to convert to and from ALAC for the time being.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 5
VLC player is really the worst player to play music files even if its the only app that allows you to play flac. No album art, ads, no extra functions for music playback, slow ui, ugly ui.

Might as well take the extra time to convert to flac files into alac and then upload them with itunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back