Unplugged like albums?
May 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 40
It would have been nice to hear Smashing Pumpkins perform in a unplugged setting.
L3000.gif

May 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 40
I do not listen to them anymore but a while back I listened to Korn Unplugged and it was quite good. That one chick from Evenescence came in and sang a song with him. 

May 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #21 of 40
The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

I been listening to that version of Hotel California since I was 2 years old (literally). The acoustic guitar intro is ridiculous (good).

May 26, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 40
What about the Cure?  I've seen some videos online of them performing unplugged, but cannot find any good recordings of that.  

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #23 of 40
I am not a big fan of Bryan Adams, but I got to say, his MTV unplugged recording is very impressive!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #24 of 40

Quote:
Tiny Cities by Sun Kil Moon.  All acoustic-based covers of Modest Mouse songs done by Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters guy, Mark Kozelick.  great album!

It's Mark Kozelek :) 
It is a great album, and if you like to hear Mark acoustic I would recomment Lost Verses, it's a live recording. His solo albums consist mostly of acoustic versions of AC/DC songs, truely great stuff... as is Red House Painters... oh, there's no words

The Peter Doherty acoustic album is nice too, Grace/Wastelands. Oh and of course the Ryan Adams bedhead compilations (fan "made")

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 40
I personally think that very few musicians sound as consistently good in live/unplugged settings as Amy Ray and Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls). I saw them live so many times throughout the 90's that I lost count. Unfortunately not too many official unplugged-type recordings exist, but the bonus disc included with Poseidon and the Bitter Bug is a good listen, although the recording quality leaves a lot to be desired. All in all, I think the different track order and overall mood of the unplugged album are more interesting than the actual studio album.

Jun 14, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #26 of 40
Ben Harper - live from mars.
I think he is way better live. 

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #28 of 40
^^ also like the maroon 5 live. I think I have - live friday the 13th, which is pretty good. actually I prefer than their recording albums. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back