Unlimited ammo in movies?
May 5, 2006 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Sladeophile

Headphoneus Supremus
So I am sitting here watching die hard and I think it's so funny how many times I've seen action movies or war movies where the clips in guns seem to be bottomless. It gets very annoying after a while. You would think that when they try to make a big budget movie, they would think of that. Even in shows like 24 where they emphasize realism, their magazines are larger than they should be. Just a little pet peeve of mine...
tongue.gif

May 5, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 42
...and how the Hero can take a few bullets and survive with the application of some dressings.
I'm sure many people would lose their taste for "Action" movies if gunshot wounds were always shown occurring in a realistic fashion - especially to the Hero.
It's all a parody I guess?

May 5, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 42
Mr. and Mrs. Smith:
Gun scene in the warehouse... they didnt get hit even though there were dozens of men with automatics shooting at them at all angles

May 5, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 42
It's also pretty unrealistic when someone gets punched or kicked multiple times without so much as a stagger. Most people wouldn't be able to take more than one well placed punch.

But Walker Texas Ranger is incredibly realistic, so much so that I can't tell it's a tv show! Go Chuck!

May 5, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #7 of 42
Another classic are screeching tyres on whatever surface (sand, gravel...).
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 5, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 42
Chuck Norris eats beef jerky and craps gunpowder. Then, he uses that gunpowder to make a bullet, which he uses to kill a cow and make more beef jerky. Some people refer to this as the "Circle of Life."

This Chuck Norris Fact would explain the unlimited bullets.

-Ed

May 5, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #10 of 42
Weapons and ammunition handling are actually vital skills to modern warriors making their rendering on the contemporary silver screen all the more contemptible. For a better representation of actual practices, you might want to look at Heat and Bravo Two Zero. While still short of the real deal, both these films had a former SAS troop in an advisory role for these functions. Not bad stories either.

May 5, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
So I am sitting here watching die hard and I think it's so funny how many times I've seen action movies or war movies where the clips in guns seem to be bottomless. It gets very annoying after a while. You would think that when they try to make a big budget movie, they would think of that. Even in shows like 24 where they emphasize realism, their magazines are larger than they should be. Just a little pet peeve of mine...
tongue.gif

ThANK YOU!
tongue.gif

I think about that all the time.

May 5, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
It bugs me when a guy runs out of ammo and the gun keeps clicking with each trigger pull. Or also when I pump shotgun is pumped twice but no live ammo is ejected from the gun.

...or when they repeatedly **** the gun without firing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back