Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #692 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's a six driver option coming for the TF10

ohhhh..forgive me for not knowing then :p thought it was only for the se530

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #693 of 3,931
Haha, no problem I feel evil for drawing you all into the 3-way, 6-driver options >D. But yes, there is a 6-driver option coming for both models.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #694 of 3,931
haha i bet UM and the people in here who have gotten customs or reshells from them dont think so ;p

guess some more reviews to look forward to when they show up
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #695 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a six driver option coming
wink.gif

That's annoying because I would have gone with that straight away. -.-'
I've committed to other projects alrdy too -.-'
Speakers and amps and a MD5000 -.-' why can't money grow on trees.
Sorry won't post proper impressions about them until I'm amped again.
Although they are better than they were, posting unamped impressions won't do them the justice they deserve.
So here are the pictures for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry about the cellphone pictures, best I can come up with for now.
My colours were Clear Faceplate+Transparent/translucent black. the black's not as deep or dark as I wanted, but it's ok.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #696 of 3,931
Hey, looks great! Glad you like them. That's a pretty prominent low end, it's also at 120dB at 50Hz.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #698 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha so the 6 driver option on the TF10 is 'soon'?

I just sent off my order... is there any way to change it once it's gone?

as long as they havent started on it im sure they can hold off on it or cancel email sam and ask.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #700 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as long as they havent started on it im sure they can hold off on it or cancel email sam and ask.

Might try that actually... cheers mate.

Anybody have a gut feel on how much it'll cost?

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #701 of 3,931
a remold costs $90
the tf10 + 2 drivers costs $230
$230 - $90 = $140 = Cost of 2 drivers
so.... TF10 + 2 drivers + another 2 drivers = $370
Assuming that the two drivers for the additional highs <= $70 each
but for you i'd charge $450.....

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #702 of 3,931
I thought I should briefly mention my experience here in Taiwan. I had a pair of Shure SE530s that I really was beginning to appreciate. They were great during my commute and the sound was pretty impressive. But I had minor complaints about the fit with universal tips and my wires were beginning to split. I had actually decided to give UEs a try. I liked the idea of being able to replace defective cables without having to ship my earphones to some other place. Living overseas can make you nervous about many simple things.

I happened across UM almost by mistake. I was just catching up on the forum one day when I saw someone mention remolding. A little searching informed me of UM's services. Coincidentally, I was searching for prices for replacement cables. I was checking on the website of a local store, when I noticed that they sold some UM products in their store. As it turns out, the facilitate the entire process from their retail location.

So I went in one day, with my old 530s. We sat down for about 5 minutes to discuss the options. They even had color samples for the shells! Cool. They gave me the address to a local audiologist and even called ahead to notify him of my arrival. It was great because I do not speak Chinese (yet). After a short but reassuring visit, I went home.

Only 3 weeks later, I received a text message from the store informing me that my headphones were ready for pickup. I am please to report that the results are quite pleasing. The fit is very nice and the headphones look to be of a very nice quality. I even got a custom cable from the store. It was a little pricey, but quite nice if you ask me.

So far, I am very satisfied. I will be sure to post later on the sound. In the meantime, here is a picture of my remolded SE530s:

2010-01-08_21-22-41.jpg

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #704 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-.-' I'm definately picking actually colours next time -.-' I knew i shoulda gone with purple
Nice pics illkemist

Yeah, I almost got the purple ones myself. But I remembered how I felt when I saw the UE11s in blue for the first time. Sitting there with the samples helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back