Unique Melody : New custom IEMs on the block.
May 30, 2009 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

bakhtiar

500+ Head-Fier
May 30, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 71
Very interesting. It looks like this is a quad-driver custom that is in the final stage of development. A lot depends on price- their three-driver custom is around $500 before impressions and if they're smart, especially with the JH5, UE4, livewires3, etc... they'll keep the quad-driver around $500 max.

It sounds like they might be "borrowing" from UE...meaning that this could be a knock-off of a UE11. Still a little ambiguous to me, but very encouraging. I'm very interested....

May 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #3 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like they might be "borrowing" from UE...

The logo, at least.
tongue.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 71
I'm going to lose my mind if we don't start getting some decent reviews of some of these lower priced newly released customs soon...

UM's triple driver got some very favourable reactions on Jaben, so I imagine that this quad version could be the real thing. Still, so little good quality information out there....I thought head-fi was quicker than this with new product releases!!! :p

Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and be a volunteer guinea pig.

May 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM's triple driver got some very favourable reactions on Jaben, so I imagine that this quad version could be the real thing. Still, so little good quality information out there....I thought head-fi was quicker than this with new product releases!!! :p

From an unknown company? Just when the Fidelity Triples, the UE4, and the JH5 have successively been released, all three for a cheaper price?

It's easy to understand why the excitement currently lies elsewhere. UM may build good products, but they currently don't have the credibility of Jerry Harvey or of established companies such as Ultimate Ears or Westone.

Dual-driver IEMs:
UM4: $422 (<= 元2880)
UE4: $399
JH5: $399
Fidelity Duals: $259

May 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From an unknown company? Just when the Fidelity Triples, the UE4, and the JH5 have successively been released, all three for a cheaper price?

It's easy to understand why the excitement currently lies elsewhere. UM may build good products, but they currently don't have the credibility of Jerry Harvey or of established companies such as Ultimate Ears or Westone.

Dual-driver IEMs:
UM4: $422 (<= 元2880)
UE4: $399
JF5: $399
Fidelity Duals: $259

I completely agree. I went on a rant in one of the other threads about exactly this point. It doesn't even capture the other benefits of going with an established company like the ones you listed, such as getting a re-fit if the initial one doesn't work, the warranty, etc...

I couldn't begin to get my head around how they could price themselves that highly in the market, given the already-established competition.

That being said, and this is wild speculation on my part, but I have a feeling, based on the impressions that are out so far, that the actual quality of the customs coming from UM is higher than one might expect coming out of a china...at least in pictures, it looks to be very good.

Still, when I heard the prices, it seemed like something didn't quite add up.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 71
I just call to very first guy in a list in "How to buy" section on their website. He said they do not doing remolding. And when I asked about quad-driver customs, he told me that they can make for me UE11. They charging 9500 Hong Kong dollars. It's like $1230.

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 71
The broken website (the text isn't aligned properly so I can't read part of it) and the fact that they misspelled "English" in the URL tells me that they might have some trouble gaining credibility with those prices.

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just call to very first guy in a list in "How to buy" section on their website. He said they do not doing remolding. And when I asked about quad-driver customs, he told me that they can make for me UE11. They charging 9500 Hong Kong dollars. It's like $1230.

Apparently that guy's new. I've been communicating with a "Sam" whom a lot of people here have been dealing with and recommended and am soon getting my Triple.fis remolded and getting the additional driver making it a quad.

Remold, as of now, is 600rmb ($87.78 USD) plus shipping. The additional driver for my TFs is gonna cost 1000rmb ($146.30 USD).

I've pm'd you his email address.

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 71
Can you pm me Sam's email too? I'm in China so it would be convenient for me to get this done. Thanks!

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #13 of 71
thanks tomlinson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back