Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review
Jun 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 34
I have the Japanese DX100 and all I can say is that it is simply amazing. How good were the demo ones by the way?

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #17 of 34
They were a lot better than the UE900's which I like very much as well. Transparent, the whole spectrum clearly audible and what I really enjoyed is that I discovered new instruments in songs that I've known for all my life. It seems that you don't have to do any effort when listening to music with the Miracle. Mmm, I hope the expectations aren't too hight now :wink:.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 34
They were a lot better than the UE900's which I like very much as well. Transparent, the whole spectrum clearly audible and what I really enjoyed is that I discovered new instruments in songs that I've known for all my life. It seems that you don't have to do any effort when listening to music with the Miracle. Mmm, I hope the expectations aren't too hight now :wink:.
Hmm interesting. What do you think that they would be rated on Joker's scale from 1-10? Something like a 9.5?

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:
Joker owns Miracles and gave them a 9.7 and a full 10 for sound since it was the best he auditioned at the time. The jh13fp is now his sonic favorite per his innerfidelity comparison but hasn't yet given it a formal review. I doubt you can go wrong with either.

In my opinion you cannot go "wrong" with the Miracles. I love them. But if you are after "fun" sound, i.e. for some people, boosted mid bass and thick lush mids, Miracles are not that. They are more "elegant" sounding. Tight and controlled bass, very detailed and airy and mids slightly on the thinner side, but altogether very musical.

What I mean is, depending on what you are after, you can go "wrong". For instance if TG334 is your sound reference, Miracles are very different :)

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:
Joker owns Miracles and gave them a 9.7 and a full 10 for sound since it was the best he auditioned at the time. The jh13fp is now his sonic favorite per his innerfidelity comparison but hasn't yet given it a formal review. I doubt you can go wrong with either.

I was referring to the universal version that cachicamo auditioned. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #23 of 34
Hmm interesting. What do you think that they would be rated on Joker's scale from 1-10? Something like a 9.5?

For me the soundquality would be 10, because it's the best I ever heard, but that hasn't been a lot yet. I've owned a Super Fi5, Triple Fi 10, UE900 and I've tested Sennheiser IE80 and Etymotic ER-4S. Of UE900, IE80 and ER-4S I kept the UE900, so I like the UE soundsignature. By the way I think 10 is a difficult number to give as it suggests there can't be anything better, what of course I do hope when receiving my Miracle!!

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #24 of 34
For me the soundquality would be 10, because it's the best I ever heard, but that hasn't been a lot yet. I've owned a Super Fi5, Triple Fi 10, UE900 and I've tested Sennheiser IE80 and Etymotic ER-4S. Of UE900, IE80 and ER-4S I kept the UE900, so I like the UE soundsignature. By the way I think 10 is a difficult number to give as it suggests there can't be anything better, what of course I do hope when receiving my Miracle!!
So they were a lot better than the UE900? Also, please tell us how they scale to the real thing when you receive them.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #25 of 34
In my opinion yes. The UE900's highs aren't as crisp as the highs in the Miracle. The overall balance in the soundspectrum is much more pleasant in the Miracle. I'll try to post a kind of review (would be my first) when I've tested them with my well known songs. Hope I'll receive them before next friday as I go on a three week holiday in which I wanted to test them thoroughly.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:
In my opinion yes. The UE900's highs aren't as crisp as the highs in the Miracle. The overall balance in the soundspectrum is much more pleasant in the Miracle. I'll try to post a kind of review (would be my first) when I've tested them with my well known songs. Hope I'll receive them before next friday as I go on a three week holiday in which I wanted to test them thoroughly.

UM's quotes are usually pretty accurate. Maybe you should shoot them an email.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:
In my opinion you cannot go "wrong" with the Miracles. I love them. But if you are after "fun" sound, i.e. for some people, boosted mid bass and thick lush mids, Miracles are not that. They are more "elegant" sounding. Tight and controlled bass, very detailed and airy and mids slightly on the thinner side, but altogether very musical.

What I mean is, depending on what you are after, you can go "wrong". For instance if TG334 is your sound reference, Miracles are very different :)

I find that the bass on the Miracles are boosted, but not by much. It has very good impact. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:
It does. To me, the Miracles scales up very well and is quite source dependent. The bass is plenty enough on DAPs with powerful bass (AK120 or DX100) but always well controlled and textured.

With the stock AK100, it was very unimpressive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back