Unique Melody IEM discussion thread(MEST, MEXT, Mentor, Mason, etc.)
Oct 17, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #33 of 111
Happy Day Today :relaxed: :
I had a chance to listen to the Multiverse Mentor briefly. Despite the short time and a VERY superficial comparison to my trusted EE Custom ODIN, I could not withstand and ordered the Custom version.
OK: I frankly admit I’m a great admirer of Oscar Wilde: “I can resist anything except temptation…” :sunglasses:

Please excuse me that I’m refraining from making any kind of comparative comments here:
Both the ODIN & the MENTOR are excellent IEMs in their own right and each with different merits. Any further evaluation would not be very helpful of course, especially also , as the MENTOR was the Universal version and the ODIN was a custom with an excellent fit - and I always have endless problems with finding the correct ear tips….:slight_frown:

Regards
Urs

PS:
Firstly I strongly support the opinion, that the Custom is the best form for any IEM
and secondly: Call this same sort of “audiophile self-castigation”
(Having the CUSTOM prevents you from selling the MENTOR – or the ODIN – again after a short while . .. :beerchug:)
Hi Urs

Congrats on your custom MM, and Odin as well. Looks like we share the same taste in IEMs. Odin is also on my list for a while, auditioned it several times but just never gotten around to purchasing one. Just last week I was toying getting it in custom as well.

I am sure you will enjoy your MM very much.

Cheers

Oct 19, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #36 of 111
Anyone find any good online sites with good reviews and CS for after market IEM custom tips that work with the chunkier UMs eg 3DT?
I am getting audiological forms made, have found someone to make the tips for 64 Audio U12T but they won’t for any UMs other than the Mason.

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #38 of 111
Any suggestions for eartips for the Multiverse Mentor? I'm currently on SpiralDots++. Xelastec press me after a longer time.
W1 is too thin.
Azla Clear are also very good and for me more comfortable then Xelastec.

Oct 21, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #40 of 111
Tri Clarion tips

Similar in presentation (widest stage of all the tips i tried, endgame level of clarity) but much more soft and comfortable

Same goes for H570 Latex eartips (very good second place for me, a little more tacky compared to Clarions so I use them for warmer temperatures for more secure fit)

I used to love Xelastecs but totally dismissed them now because they degrade so fast

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #41 of 111
Nov 11, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #43 of 111
Tri Clarion tips

Similar in presentation (widest stage of all the tips i tried, endgame level of clarity) but much more soft and comfortable

Same goes for H570 Latex eartips (very good second place for me, a little more tacky compared to Clarions so I use them for warmer temperatures for more secure fit)

I used to love Xelastecs but totally dismissed them now because they degrade so fast
Today I tried the Tri Clarion wow they are the most comfortable with MM and have better soundstage wider and deeper. Bass is very clean and still punchy maybe a tad lighter then with Azla Clear but everything else is better.

Nov 11, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #44 of 111
Today I tried the Tri Clarion wow they are the most comfortable with MM and have better soundstage wider and deeper. Bass is very clean and still punchy maybe a tad lighter then with Azla Clear but everything else is better.
I tried the Adv oval silicones. Another fail- it’s not the quality of the tips for me it’s lousy fit - nothing comfortable fits in my wonky ear canals. I love the 3DTs but I can’t figure out tip fit. I think I’m going to get the Eartune Fidelity customs made for it and see if that works. Hard to justify given the cost of the custom tips - half the cost of the 3DT.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #45 of 111
You can add MEST MK3 to the list of IEMs that sound really awesome with the Pentaconn Coreir Brass eartips. I won't say they sound "better" than with stock(petal) tips, but they make for a more energetic presentation that allows MEST to stretch its legs. My favorite tips for this IEM so far. Worth trying if you have both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back