Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Nov 20, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #7,066 of 7,350
Early this year during CanJam NYC, UM actually presented a prototype of Mest MK3 with a switch to disable/enable its BCD driver. I spent some time in a quiet corner testing and was able to hear the difference.
This is the type of thing I expected from the ex-researcher. See, now he dug a hole for himself. I'm glad to know UM was aware and let the community test it.

Seems like the piezoelectric driver tech by UM is not traditional bone conduction from his vid, but still has contributions to sound that he can't understand. It might be bone conduction or another effect, but it's not a cash grab as he said.

Having said that, UM's marketing descriptions can be improved :p

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #7,067 of 7,350
Having said that, UM's marketing descriptions can be improved :p

And not just UM's. From my experience of being in touch with many audio gear manufacturers, I noticed things get lost in translation, literally, to the point where English translation looses some of the meaning.

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #7,068 of 7,350
And not just UM's. From my experience of being in touch with many audio gear manufacturers, I noticed things get lost in translation, literally, to the point where English translation looses some of the meaning.
Though it is quite a leap to then go on and make assertions that he did… :wink:

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #7,069 of 7,350

I've got nothing to add here except to thank you for using the word "literally" in the literal classical sense. :)

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #7,070 of 7,350
Got my Mest MK III and I’ve been shocked by the sound quality, my previous iems Were Mest MK 2 but the 3 is in another league, a different kind of beast. Was wonderingif it is possible that Mentor and Jewel wipe out the floor with Mest?

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #7,071 of 7,350
Got my Mest MK III and I’ve been shocked by the sound quality, my previous iems Were Mest MK 2 but the 3 is in another league, a different kind of beast. Was wonderingif it is possible that Mentor and Jewel wipe out the floor with Mest?
Congrats on your new shiny! I enjoyed MEST3 most of the time I had it for an extended demo a couple months ago, it’s quite a fun and engaging IEM.

Unfortunately the answer to your question is a qualified Yes. “Wipe the floor” might be going a little too far, but IEMs like UM’s own Multiverse Mentor and Amber Pearl offer increasing levels of refinement and nuanced detail the further up the price ladder you go. There is a certain “effortlessness” you get with IEMs in that range that makes them feel so easy to listen to with an almost intoxicating quality that some of the middle-range stuff like MEST3 can’t quite evoke.

This doesn’t take anything away from MEST3, and if you’re enjoying it that’s the main thing really.

Dec 3, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #7,072 of 7,350
Hey folks, am ready jump to the next level for my next iem purchase, currently have the Fiio FH9 and Dunu SA6 MK2, which I have enjoyed. Currently have my next level purchase down to the Noble Audio Spartacus, Thieaudio Prestige LTD or the Unique Melody Mest MK3.

Wanted to ask if my DAP (Fiio M11 Plus) is sufficient to drive the Mest MK3? And would the EA Eros S be a good cable match for them?

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #7,073 of 7,350
Dec 4, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #7,074 of 7,350
Thanks to UM for the tour opportunity of the Mest 3! My impressions/review are below.

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #7,076 of 7,350
https://www.jaben.com.hk/products/unique-melody-max-earphones

A new Unique Melody MAX iem?

Config: 1DD+4BA+1BC+1EST (Quadbird)
The price on the website is 2000usd.

1702319386917.png

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #7,078 of 7,350
Dec 19, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #7,080 of 7,350
Hello everybody
Can you guys help with your opinion?
I have the opportunity to get the Mest Japan version or the Mest Mkll
Which will be better?