Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Oct 2, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #4,186 of 7,348
Never seen those before. The ones in the bottom photo are unique. It looks like they may offer a deep fit without it feeling like it. I don't know if that's the designers intent or if the funnel like top is just supposed to improve sound. Maybe a little of both.

Where did you find the
Search in AliExpress

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #4,188 of 7,348
EVO is way more v-shaped than MEST. I wouldn't assume they're even remotely comparable, though they might make a nice contrasting pair.

1633049226174.png
Thanks for posting the graph. I didn't even realize Bad Guy got the Evo already to measure. BUT JESUS... the Evo chart looks absolutely terrible at least for my preferences. Maybe if they had kept the upper mids or treble to a similar volume level as the MK2. Looks like Evo's "resolution" comes from upper mids/treble boost.

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #4,189 of 7,348
Giving the Mest MkII a rotation on the LP P6Pro late on Sunday evening. Good weekend relaxing to the Mest MkII to try it out. Will definitely be making a custom. Enjoyed it very much. :)

34347C4B-9C9E-4FC3-B2AB-E69440470955.jpeg

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #4,190 of 7,348
I agree with this, but I would add that while MEST doesn't slam quite as hard as Monarch, the bass MEST has is far cleaner and more textured/detailed than Monarch.

It always confuses me when the term "basshead" is used to describe an audiophile who just wants lots and lots of bass no matter what. Wouldn't that just be Beats by Dre? Not all bass is created equal. Demand texture, you're worth it.

It's not that bassheads want "lots of bass no matter what." They want to FEEL the bass. Hearing the bass is not the same as feeling it. Hearing the beat vs. feeling it. It's the difference between analyzing the music vs. feeling and dancing to the music.

Dres don't meet audiophile standards for clarity and distortion at all so it doesn't make sense to mention them here, though when the Monster Turbines came out, they were a decent alternative at the time which was 11 years ago. Tech advancements have been made so you can get bass slam AND clarity.

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #4,191 of 7,348
Any recommendations cables?

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #4,193 of 7,348
Oct 5, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #4,194 of 7,348
Oh thank you so much!!! I've been worried about that all day long.

While they are off for repair I might try out the Monarch. Been wanting to give them a try. Now just gotta convince my wife 😂😂

I bought a Monarch this week - much prefer my MEST v1 - the sub-bass boost can be fun but honestly it's overdone and the treble can be pretty harsh compared to the MEST, the treble reminds me of the Fearless S8F I used to own...

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #4,195 of 7,348
I bought a Monarch this week - much prefer my MEST v1 - the sub-bass boost can be fun but honestly it's overdone and the treble can be pretty harsh compared to the MEST, the treble reminds me of the Fearless S8F I used to own...
Yeah the MEST is never piercing in any way. Very smooth and laid back while still maintaining good detail.

Oct 6, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #4,196 of 7,348
Yeah the MEST is never piercing in any way. Very smooth and laid back while still maintaining good detail.
20211005_221923.jpg

100% agree. My winning combination right here.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #4,197 of 7,348
Oct 6, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #4,198 of 7,348
May I know what is that cable?

Of course! It's from one of my clients, the Hapa Audio KnOT ~ we are still fine-tuning some details and it will pop up on our site here, soon, but this is our top-of-the-line unit.

Let me know via PM if you'd like to order one until we get it up on the site here: https://hapaaudio.com/analog-cables/headphones/

Great synergy from the silver/copper build with the MEST Mk 2

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #4,199 of 7,348
Question for those of you that got the Mk2 customs: When I got my ear molds, the audiologist recommended talking while the mold set in because you don't want the headphones slipping out of your ears while doing things like talking, opening your mouth, etc. However, I think in the instructions, they say to get the mold while maintaining a relaxed face only.

What did you guys do when you got your customs? Do they do re-fit's if the IEM's aren't a perfect fit?

Oct 7, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #4,200 of 7,348
Question for those of you that got the Mk2 customs: When I got my ear molds, the audiologist recommended talking while the mold set in because you don't want the headphones slipping out of your ears while doing things like talking, opening your mouth, etc. However, I think in the instructions, they say to get the mold while maintaining a relaxed face only.

What did you guys do when you got your customs? Do they do re-fit's if the IEM's aren't a perfect fit?
I think the usual approach is for you to bite down on a stick, to have your mouth slightly open while the stuff in your ears hardens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back