Unique Halloween costumes?
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
In light of the joyous (for some) holiday approaching, what's the most creative costume you've seen/heard of/created?

I recently heard a story of a guy who was originally not going to dress up. Walking back to his dorm he stumbled upon a large cardboard box. He cut out two holes and wrote in big letters "Mammogram Machine"

your turn
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 21
One of my roommates was planning on dressing up as a wrapped present with a card on it that said "To: Women, From: God".

He went as Batman instead. Boo.

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my roommates was planning on dressing up as a wrapped present with a card on it that said "To: Women, From: God".

He went as Batman instead. Boo.

I think I saw at least 7 or 8 guys dressed as "god's gift to women" at the bar last year. So played out...

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I saw at least 7 or 8 guys dressed as "god's gift to women" at the bar last year. So played out...

Really? Wow. I must not get out much. I'd never heard of the idea before.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 21
Check out the various costumes over at c0ckeyed.com. Replace the "0" with an "o"; I did that to defeat the filter [apologies]. My favorite is the paparazzi costume - brilliant!

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 21
Get together with a couple of chums to organise a group costume theme. Works much better than anything solo. Last year my flatmates and I did The Matrix.

n37100984_33723310_2969.jpg

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 21
it's the british version of friends and roommates

someone i used to work with told me about a group of people at a halloween party in 1986 who showed up dressed in uniforms that said "chernobyl cleanup crew" they had someone kill the lights and their costumes were of the glow in the dark variety

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 21
Last year I was a crash test dummy, and my friend was the car. He painted a cardboard box to look like a car, then smashed it so it was small and wore it around all night. It was pretty cool.

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's the british version of friends and roommates.

I'm fairly certain that a flat and a room aren't the same.

I had housemates too, before I moved to the flat.

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #14 of 21
I don't remember what I did last year (sign of a good night).
This year me and my housemates and some other select friends will be going as the Shaman council from the Boosh.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #15 of 21
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, me and the fellers in the dorm at McGill put on white rubber swim caps, swim goggles, white shorts, white runners, and white shirts that we hand-stenciled with "Canadian National Fallopian Swim Team." Heh.

A less long time ago, in a galaxy not quite so far, far away, a pal and I got together some typical gray-fabric long-johns and Converse Chuck Taylors. We taped two bags-worth of 99c balloons to our biceps, calves, and groinitalia areas and went as 'Hans und Frans', und Wir wist hier to ihnen pump you up (auf!)! Yeah, totally execrable dummy-German. That was in Montgomery, Alabama, and the joint was full of rugby players. No one seemed to notice our poor language skills. . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back