Uncle Eric ... O Brother , where art thou ?
May 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 35
Yep, Uncle Eric (under the same username) is like a MOD on (r) and posting away pretty much daily AFAICT -

Weather or not he is well or not, or for doing so, would be a judgement call of some presupposition .

His posts over there read like his too .

/ Gone over, I'm afraid, to the (wink) other side (wink-wink) ...

May 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:
He is at reddiit.com moderating the audiophile forum but its not an easy site to navigate and be interesting to see why he booted out of here. But Immtbiker and Kevin Karth not posting here much if anymore also. Strange things  happening here

Not so strange actually, as this place become monotonous somewhere around the 7 yr itch--and people need a break.

May 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Not so strange actually, as this place become monotonous somewhere around the 7 yr itch--and people need a break.

I can attest to this. I've been a member for 10 years now and currently I'm lucky if I visit once a week. At this point in time, I'm totally satisified with all my gear so I don't even have the urge to see what's new and exciting. I'm sure though it will change at some point. Over the years I've found that interest in this hobby comes in waves. 

May 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #34 of 35
In a way, Head-fi is annoying. The bombardment of another IEM, another headphone, another flavor of the month, all these ads, it's like an annoying Times Square. Many people have left Head-fi because of this and I can understand.

That being said, I don't take head-fi seriously and it's a fun silly place at times and it's great for new people to learn about the headphone hobby. There's still good info if need to find that nice handy portable DAC baby.

May 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #35 of 35
i only visit here every now and then cause i have people to stay in contact with and of frikin' course i come for the ponies too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back