UM56 Custom Sleeves For Dummies
Jun 2, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #31 of 35
hehe; just jokes, but yeah seriously; maybe have a think before you speak. guess i'm just a grumpy old man with mutant DIY earholes hey
tongue.gif

see what happens when you leave out emoticons??

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone having W3 or UM3X with um56 tips get much wider soundstage, like on par to IE8? I would seriously considering to order one if it can do that

Mind telling me how much your paid totally?thanks

$120 CDN all in at HEAR Toronto. You may be able to talk them down on the impressions I think, if you can prove that you can find a better price elsewhere. He deals directly with Westone also so you can get the official UM56 if you want to, but that's most likely going to run you a bit higher. Emsee labs version will be cheaper, will still give you a years worth of warranty and will be local (you'll get it within a week) so it is a good alternative. Give them a call, Ross is a friendly guy and he'll help you out as much as he can.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The anomalies in sound caused by using the wrong tips seem to be leveled out with the UM56 tips on the Westone 3, so the bass/mids/treble sound more like how they should and more balanced. So, timbre and tone are more accurate, and detail is enhanced.

But but but... when are you actually using them, since you've got the ES3x?

This forum and its alpha denizens still puzzles me.

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$120 CDN all in at HEAR Toronto. You may be able to talk them down on the impressions I think, if you can prove that you can find a better price elsewhere. He deals directly with Westone also so you can get the official UM56 if you want to, but that's most likely going to run you a bit higher. Emsee labs version will be cheaper, will still give you a years worth of warranty and will be local (you'll get it within a week) so it is a good alternative. Give them a call, Ross is a friendly guy and he'll help you out as much as he can.

Thanks man, I am seriously considering to get one for UM3x

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But but but... when are you actually using them, since you've got the ES3x?

This forum and its alpha denizens still puzzles me.

I only use the W3 when I am out and about and mobile, so that the ES3X can be safe at home with my Macbook rig (Pico DAC-only to ALO Amphora or P-51 Mustang). I don't want to lose or damage My Preciousssss.

So, when my son is doing his golf lessons, or Taekwondo, or the kids are swimming, etc, I am sitting back and enjoying the W3/UM56. But the rest of the time I am in my favorite chair at home listening to the ES3X. I was pretty much neglecting most of my full size headphones by using the ES3X almost exclusively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back