UM Miracle VS Westone ES5
May 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

xlotoix

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

As stated in the title. I'm making a hard time deciding between the ES5 or the Miracle. Basically i listen music genre blues-rock. I love vocals too. I like the Soundstage to be rather intimate, like that of a JH5. Hope you guys can help me out yeah?

Cheers,
Eric

May 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 14
I was wondering this as well, I'm currently saving £300 a month for mine and their is quite a a big price difference the miracle is about £200 less but when you're spending  almost £1000 it hardly even matters.

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm going to bump this, as I like the genres the OP mentioned, and I can't seem to find a clear distinction/comparison between the two. If anyone has both, or at least an extensive knowledge in the two, I would greatly appreciate if you could give me a brief comparison of the sound: high/mid/low/soundstage/detail,clarity. However, if you've heard a "demo" of one of the two, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

So far, I've gathered the basic sound signatures of the two. It seems the Miracle is a bit laid-back, and has more bass presence. The Miracles also seem to cater a wide soundstage, and a very nice sparkle to the highs. The ES5 seems to have more intimate mids, while being equally smooth as the Miracle's. Bass is tight and punchy, and the highs are there, though not as sparkly.

Now, I cant seem to gather much detail about the clarity and detail level, as I've read mixed comparisons, not to mention a comparison between a full custom ES5 and the demo Miracle. That seemed a bit too off, so I'm not going to consider that, though it confused me further.

The main thing I need to know is a really detailed comparison of the mids, and a brief explanation if the highs on the ES5 is adequate, or if the sparkle of the Miracle is something to die for. Although I do like the deep bass, I realize I tend to look for the mids/highs/detail an clarity more.

I listen to Alternative Rock - Radiohead, Classical, Scores, Extremely emotional Vocas, and R&B. These are in random order, and I like and listen to each genre equally. Occasionally I listen to KPop but not often.

One last thing, I would like to ask you guys for a recommendation based on my listening preferences, and your experience.

Thanks

-GG

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 14
It took Westone about 3 weeks for my ES5s By the way mine only have 10 hrs on them and they sound amazing.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 14
I had the same dilemma. Read threads upon threads to try and understand their characteristics but in the end the 20% discount and the free silver cable offer from UM UK solved my issue. In 4 weeks time I will have my Miracles. I don't have the ES5 but I can certainly do a comparison with the LCD-2 when I get them.

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #12 of 14
quite interested in this as well 
popcorn.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #13 of 14
I'm about to be a person who exists with both (I already have the ES5 and am part of the UM group buy, getting the Miracle), but I'm pretty much the last person to ask for a review... 
eek.gif

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, I just wanted to say that we, or maybe just I, do exist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back