UM MELODY'S NEW SILVER CABLE WITH MIRACLE
Jan 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

maguire

1000+ Head-Fier
Around 3-4 weeks ago I had the pleasure of receiving my customs back by Matt Wong  from UM Australia.
It was slight refit which needed a couple of coats of clear on my Miracle.
And As we have done on previous occasions we sat around listening to music, chatting sipping on Green tea as you do, when i asked Matt to try his Miracle through my Cary Xciter.
That is the first time that I saw this new Silver Cable. My first reaction was that the cables had finally arrived from Amp City, which by the way I have tried briefly and liked what I heard, but no this looked different. Matt said that this cable was Unique Melody's New as yet unnamed cable built by beat Audio to UM's own custom spec's.
Hmmm I said.... Whats it like? Well he just smiled,  & proceeded to put the cable on my Miracle and said " Why don't you have a listen for a few weeks". So I didn't need a second invitation.
So I put around 50-60 hours on it, and began using it.
  Anyway Yesterday Matt rang and wanted his cable back, then he suggested that I might Like to write something about the cable. Man I wish I had of known this from the start, but here goes.
You know the old saying "You don't know what you have until its gone" Or something Like that, well that about sums up this cable.

Firstly build quality: Is superb, it looks very much like Beat Audio's Top of the range cable The Oslo, here's a link http://www.custom-iem.com/beat-audio-cables-elite-c-134_137.html
I probably would have liked a better connector on it like a via-blue or similar quality, but this being a pro-to type it had a standard connector as the Oslo. It is much thicker than the stock Cable by twice or a bit more, but felt very light and I found it retained memory. Also I found no issue of having micro-phonics which is a good thing. Very nice smart looking cable.

Sound: Well, basically I have had it on my Miracle since I got them back, around a month.
In the meantime I have also received a Studio-V player & found the synergy quite good with the Miracle. I received a PM from a member here saying he did not find it the same with his pairing, preferring his Sony's better. I just thought oh well we all hear differently. The reason I mention this was as I said earlier on "You dont know what you have until its gone" Well it was at the point of putting on the stock cable that I realized just what was gone... Now I was kinda disappointed that I had to give this cable away. It was now the case of what I was not hearing.
Now I don't want to make any super claims on how a cable can change your life or anything like that no no...Heck its only just a cable.... The real magic is in the Miracle....also on how you are going to feed it, eg Source Quality & Music sample rate quality etc.
BUT what it does give you is those extra prawns on your pizza, it raises the bar tweaking the sound quality, enabling you to glean that little bit extra out of your precious investment, putting a smile on your face. Improvements were in its sound stage it had a more livelier 3D transparent sound, and it also tightened up the bass and extended the Highs, which sound a little shrilly to me now using my stock cable. As I said before its not Huge....But definitely there.

I would Like to thank Matt Wong for giving me a loan ......  regrettably have sent them back. TT

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Thanks for the pictures and impressions. I saw from the UM global deal thread that Matt is also offering this cable in place of the Fortis cable for those interested from the group buy. I like the way it looks, but it looks a little stiff. I'm looking forward to more impressions once others have also received theirs. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi KcKc, I am not aware of any such deal happening?, but I guess as always great to get a choice. regarding the Beat cable, I did not find it too be terribly stiff, actually quite plyable.
remember it is a lot thicker than the standard cable.
I also would love to hear others impressions when they start receiving theirs - Fortis or Beat.....

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 6
Good review and I love the look of that yotank case. I just got one in black.
cool.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks nmxdaven, glad you enjoyed reading, yes I gotta say I love my Yotank, got mine from our fellow member "Soulside" .Black is so cool too. I know why thems called YOtank now.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back