Ultrasone Vs. Momentum on Ear vs. Beats Wireless (new)
Jul 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Superma

New Head-Fier
Still a noob here in the headphone world, and discovering the fact that I am able to afford Sennheiser's new momentum headphones made me excited and i added it to my list of headphones i might buy.

So my main objective is to find a new pair of headphones or keep the ones I have now ,which is a pair of the new Dr. Dre Beats Wireless, and I am choosing either to sell my beats on amazon for 280-270 dollars and use that money to get a pair of Ultrasones Pro-750 or Sennheiser On ear Momentum (sorry if i spell Sennheiser wrong). Or should i keep the Beats?

And if you have ever watched HGTV, you should know a show called Love it or List it, if you don't no big deal.

So I want headphones that are/ have.........

-On ear feature

-surround sound/ stereo headphones

-within my price range of $0-300

-won't make me look like a swaggot when i wear them
(swaggot= one who believes he/ she contains much swagger)

-Great sounding bass that isn't overpowering but awesome
at the same time

-good quality with long, healthy lifespan

Or Convince me to Keep My Beats

Which I believe have good-ok sound quality but produce a muddy sound when i listen to some of the Man of Steel soundtracks and make me look like a total swaggot when i where them in public (especially when i wear it around my neck). My dad is a Sennheiser loyalist and tells me that even his wireless headphones produce good sound, which my Wireless beats sound better with cords (is that a fact?). However it is nicely designed and definintly (spelling) have captured the bass i think.

But I am lured to a surround sound/ stereo headphone (I CRAVE FOR IT) which the Ultrasone Pro-750 has and is about $270 on amazon. However, i think those headphones are over ear headphones which i hate, but i haven't found out. And it qualifies for all the other factors including anti-swaggot design. However I don't know about the sound quality. I'm in Cincinnati and i don't know where to find places to test headphones like these brands.

Then there is the all new Sennheiser Momentum (on ear) which is a "stereo headphone" which i also crave for, it is well designed and i guess it has an anti-swaggot design and Sennheiser seems to have an amazing reputation for sound which i still don't really know about for these pair of "cans". It qualifies for all other factors too, and is about $270 for a new pair i think.

This is the information i know so far, I need more advice and help, I require knowledge from the "O' Wise Ones of the Headphone World".

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello!

Sell the Beats as you do not need it anymore if you planning to get a better pair of headphone. In my opinion, to get the best surround sound, it is best to go for over-ear headphone or even better, a speaker.

As for cable vs Wireless, you will for sure get better clarity and better overall sound with cable. Music file format are very important as well. The best is to stick with ALAC / FLAC.

Out of the headphones you mentioned above, I would much prefer Sennheiser's Momentum

Hope this helps!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back