Ultrasone Pro 900 / Sennheiser HD600
Aug 16, 2011 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cricketbaby

100+ Head-Fier
I've had a pair of HD600s running through a LD MKV for about a year now and I've loved them since I first opened the box. However..... I've recently purchased a pair of Pro900s (which are nowhere near finished burning in yet) and they completely blow the HD600s out of the water in every aspect for me. I know the bass may not be to everyone's liking and perhaps the HD600s sound better with a tube amp rather than SS but I was just wondering what other people's opinion on the matter was?
I think the Sennys are going on eBay pretty soon as I can't picture me using them anymore, even for acoustic etc.....

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi mr DJ...
I have M-Stage currently amping my DJ1...
I haven't listened to tube amps but i find this combo to have good synergy which make me believe that it will sound twice as awesome with the Pro's.
Unfortunately i haven't received the Pro's yet and i can't comment any further..
Just some thoughts...

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 5
If there's one area the Senns will surely better the Pro 900s in-it's timbre. Pay attention the how accurate/real-sounding instruments are on the Senn. Then check the Ultrasone. See? But yeah, I'm sure the Pro trumps it in clarity, detail, every aspect of the bass, etc. Great phones each, but very different sounding and subjective tastes whill prefer one or the other I'd think.

-Daniel

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I've had a pair of HD600s running through a LD MKV for about a year now and I've loved them since I first opened the box. However..... I've recently purchased a pair of Pro900s (which are nowhere near finished burning in yet) and they completely blow the HD600s out of the water in every aspect for me. I know the bass may not be to everyone's liking and perhaps the HD600s sound better with a tube amp rather than SS but I was just wondering what other people's opinion on the matter was?
I think the Sennys are going on eBay pretty soon as I can't picture me using them anymore, even for acoustic etc.....

Heya,

For you, the veil is lifted. You were looking for detail and bass. You got it.

I have the HD580 (HD600) and both SS and Tube amps. It doesn't change that much. They're laid back. Simple as that. Good headphones. But if you want clarity and detail with some serious bass, they're not it. The PRO900 on the other hand... is.

Very best,

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah i agree they are both very different and it definitely comes down to preference. I was just shocked at the difference in detail between 2 pairs of headphones that i paid the same price for. I was definitely expecting to be hanging onto my HD600s for acoustic and ambient but i think i've found a sound signature that agrees with my tastes more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back